Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL SCAM BUYER BEWARE

OO2

In the Uplands
Found a seller, Fence Row Outfitters, that happened to have the Tactacam Reveal X in stock. Placed the order on 15 June. I reach out to seller on 21 June to see where my camera is as I paid for 5 day shipping. Upon my email I get a reply from the seller and ever so convenient an email stating that a shipping label was created.

Long story short, here I sit. No camera and still out about $142. After checking Facebook it appears I am not the only person that was taken advantage of.

Wanted to make the TOO crowd aware of these scum.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Man I hate to hear that. A good rule of thumb is never ever buy anything advertised on Facebook. My wife got scammed a while back but I was able to get the money back through paypal. It was a facebook ad for a framed picture that clicked through to a website where you could order it. The website was a copy of a legitimate sellers website. I Figured it out pretty quick and was able to halt the payment through PayPal. They will copy a legitimate site and pretend like they have the product and advertise it in facebook for a great deal. When people finally ask why it hasn't shipped they create a tracking number just to buy more time. By the time its reported as a scam and FB and the web host kills the site they've made off with everyone's money.

• Angry
Reactions: OO2 and Sgt Fury

OO2

In the Uplands
Man I hate to hear that. A good rule of thumb is never ever buy anything advertised on Facebook. My wife got scammed a while back but I was able to get the money back through paypal. It was a facebook ad for a framed picture that clicked through to a website where you could order it. The website was a copy of a legitimate sellers website. I Figured it out pretty quick and was able to halt the payment through PayPal. They will copy a legitimate site and pretend like they have the product and advertise it in facebook for a great deal. When people finally ask why it hasn't shipped they create a tracking number just to buy more time. By the time its reported as a scam and FB and the web host kills the site they've made off with everyone's money.
That’s the thing they had a “legit” website that wasn’t originated through Facebook. I just happened upon their Facebook trying to find them on social media

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
A other great tool that I use is a domain name age check. It tells you how long the site has been around. Beware of anything less than a couple years.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Contact your bank and let them know what happened. It happened to me on a spotting scope one time. They done something like a buyback and recharged their account but I got my money back.

Reactions: Sgt Fury and OO2