Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

season update - a doe, a doe, and big buck....encounter

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Good morning everyone,

I have been busy and wanted to give you all an update on my season. I have been hunting hard and I have had more encounters with mature bucks this year then any other year I can remember, however I just havent been able to close the distance on them. However, below is a list of a few wins for me!

I got a chance to harvest this big doe in early NOV. I have been seeing a ton of does and the bucks weren't chasing in early NOV. I decided to shoot a doe if given the chance. This doe was the oldest in the group and weighed 104 lbs after field dressed.
IMG_0538.JPG

This deer below has haunted me, I had this buck at 20 yards but he was behind a pin oak. I am going to continue to try to catch up with him in late season. He isnt as big as he looks in this image but hes a solid deer. Probably one of the reasons I have passed some good deer this year is I am trying to kill one like below, haha!

IMG_0666.jpg

Final deer, with as much hunting as I have been doing I had another tag to burn. I was able to hunt in the pouring rain during bonus gun season. I decided to shoot a doe if given a chance. This doe gave me an opportunity, and I got to try out my 450 bolt action RUGER on her. The shot was darn near perfect, and she piled up.

IMG_0682.jpg

My freezer is now looking full. I will be hunting MUZZY season and might even get out with a bow in the next day or two.

Have a Merry Christmas all!

AT

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Thanks for all the responses!

Went after that big buck last night, passed a few nice small bucks and saw a load of does.

Going to give it a break for a few days and try again after Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all!