Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shopping for small SUV

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Considering a downsize for the Explorer. Wife has a 2011 Explorer that just crossed 100k miles. No need to sell. Just time for something smaller. I'll stick with RAV4 or CRV. I keep going back to this "Auto Boutique" website in Columbus. Sounds like high volume, low customer service dealer. Prices are right. Miles are right. Might need clarification from them before making the drive. Sounds like they do a lot of bait and switch and refuse using your financing. I don't mind bait and switch. We have 2 choices we would buy. We have a year and mileage and price range. Not dead set on color and such. If their selection offers several I can scrutinize and drive I think it would work.

Any TOO reviews on Auto Boutique?

Chass

The Hills
Considering a downsize for the Explorer. Wife has a 2011 Explorer that just crossed 100k miles. No need to sell. Just time for something smaller. I'll stick with RAV4 or CRV. I keep going back to this "Auto Boutique" website in Columbus. Sounds like high volume, low customer service dealer. Prices are right. Miles are right. Might need clarification from them before making the drive. Sounds like they do a lot of bait and switch and refuse using your financing. I don't mind bait and switch. We have 2 choices we would buy. We have a year and mileage and price range. Not dead set on color and such. If their selection offers several I can scrutinize and drive I think it would work.

Any TOO reviews on Auto Boutique?
Looks like your standard used junker lot I wouldn't be caught dead on. Most of them are after desperate people and finance at ridiculous rates. The majority of those vehicles are coming from auctions so who knows what's wrong with em. If it looks too good to be true, its probably been flooded. I have a good friend that owns a similar lot in columbus. They turn family and friends away.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Show up unannounced if you plan on doing it. Make sure the engine is cold and not pre-started and warmed up. Some of these vehicles are prone too morning sickness and you’ll wanna know that up front.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Talked to my brother. He is in Dublin and has stopped in there. They have Columbus, Texas, and Florida locations. I'm thinking they get off lease vehicles. Possibly from rental car companies? I don't know. Seems like they focus on wholesaling and just rotating vehicles. I would need to go over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb if I bought one there. Probably worth the trip just to see what they are all about. It's an excuse to take a road trip with the Mrs. Again, no rush. We don't "need" to change rides.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I ended up with a 2015 CRV for the wife. Had 36 or 38,000 miles. Can't remember. Have had it 2.5 years now. Took it to the Smokies. Averaged 28.9mpg with highway and sight seeing. 1290 miles on the trip total. Hard to complain. We've had it to Florida, Yellowstone, NY, Gulf Port MS, Nashville, Michigan, and now to the Smokies for the third time. Coming up on 71,000 miles. Wife loves it.

Daughter's Rav4 has had 2 oil changes since we got it and brakes all the way around. Mileage isn't as good. 24-26mpg. She has 3 semesters to go. Has it in western NY at her internship right now. Knock on wood, she should be able to use it as she enters "the real world" and into the work force. We plan on giving it to her when she graduates. Would be a dick move to ask for it back at this point. lol Hopefully she gets another 5-10yrs out of it before she "needs" to replace it.