Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Smithco runaway

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
I don't want to derail the sxs thread so I just wanted to post this here , I put some photos yesterday on the other thread. I put a can of seafoam in for shits and giggles tonight with no hope as I planned on pulling the carb as she chases some while warm and cold blooded on start. Well i got her good and hot and ran it up and down the road and around the yard and had quite a big improvement. This thing is very slick. Not much info on the internet about them. I did learn a few things , they came with attachments. It has three speed adjustments for the three implements that were available to it. All the pulleys and rods are there for the pto engagement it's just missing the shaft which honestly I'd never use on here, also has a heavy hitch on the back. It's set up currently as a manual dump bed which I will be sourcing a cylinder and valve soon to put it back to hydraulic dump. The tailgate on it is set up just like you'd see on a dump truck with bottom throw release and chain adjustable. It's in extremely good shape top to bottom , one pedal does it all as far as forward backwards and stop. These were built in the 80s as maintenance carts for golf courses. I've never seen something in this configuration built this heavy, the pictures are misleading this thing is pretty good size. Has a Canadian 20hp motor on it which is equivalent to an onan. It's hydraulic drive with one hell of a pump on it. It has a big hyd reservoir on it which interestingly enough takes 10w40 lol. I'll update this here and there as I source more ad on for it but so far it's very handy for what it is and easy enough for the wife and kids to putt around on . They already used it tonight running around and watering the mums and pumpkins.

1000006669.jpg

Last edited: