Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sof Sole Boot Insole Review.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I wanted to pick up another pair of insoles for my Crispi boots to wear on my elk hunt in Arizona. There's the potential to cover a ton of miles in some Rocky terrain so i wanted to have two different pairs of insoles in the event that my boot starts to rub i can swap insoles instead of boots. I found these on Amazon that had 4.5 stars out of over 2,100 reviews so i grabbed a pair. I've been wearing them for a week and holy crap are they worth the money. The insoles that came in my boots we're good but these blow them out of the water. I went and ordered three more pairs for my other everyday boots. They're soft but firm and supportive. When i purposefully walk on my heels to check them out you can feel them absorbing impact shock really well. Lots of the reviews are from tradesmen who are on concrete shop floors or working construction about how they really cut down on leg, feet and back pain.

Here's a link to them on Amazon if you wanna check them out.

https://amzn.to/2zLrMsv

Screenshot_20190904-095528_Chrome.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Appreciate the reminder.

I used these last season for the first time while hunting and they're awesome!

I bought a new pair of mucks six months ago and apparently I forgot to order me another pair.

I just ordered them thanks to you!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Appreciate the reminder.

I used these last season for the first time while hunting and they're awesome!

I bought a new pair of mucks six months ago and apparently I forgot to order me another pair.

I just ordered them thanks to you!

It's crazy how comfortable they are. I got home last night around 5 and didn't even think to take my boots off until around 9. That NEVER happens. I usually kick them off right after walking in the door. It just never crossed my mind last night which means it was like they werent even there.

Reactions: Hedgelj

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Any insoles I've ever tried had gel in them which makes your feet cold. Like the looks of those and will be interested to hear how they hold up for you.

These only have a little gell on the front foot pad and heel. I guess just the high impact spots. And it doesn't go all the way through depth-wise. Almost like a gell inlay. The part that makes contact with the foot is fabric with like a high density foam underlay. From the reviews I read on Amazon they're holding up really well for people. I'll be sure to give a good report when I'm back from AZ.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Figured I would post an update on these since I'm back from Arizona.

I'll never wear another pair of boots that don't have them. No joke they're the cat's ass. I put 132 miles on them in 14 days across rocky terrain. If you've ever been to Arizona you know there isn't much dirt. It's all various sizes of rock and the ground is dry and hard as concrete. I was on my feet 18 hours a day covering ground. Never once did my feet cramp or become sore. I expected to have some planar fasciitis cramps in the soles of my feet while there but didn't have any. They stayed in place on long uphill and downhill hikes and never slipped around.

Insoles on Amazon.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Figured I would post an update on these since I'm back from Arizona.

I'll never wear another pair of boots that don't have them. No joke they're the cat's ass. I put 132 miles on them in 14 days across rocky terrain. If you've ever been to Arizona you know there isn't much dirt. It's all various sizes of rock and the ground is dry and hard as concrete. I was on my feet 18 hours a day covering ground. Never once did my feet cramp or become sore. I expected to have some planar fasciitis cramps in the soles of my feet while there but didn't have any. They stayed in place on long uphill and downhill hikes and never slipped around.

Insoles on Amazon.
Might have to pick up a pair. I was just telling the wife Saturday I needed new insoles for my boots. My heels and ball of my foot kills me by the end of the day.

Jamie

Ohio
I got a pair a few weeks ago, and I have to agree that they are very comfortable. I was hoping to replace my custom orthotics with these, but there is just not enough arch support to keep my plantar fasciitis at bay in my work shoes all day. they are awesome in my hunting boots, though.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Wow....glad that I bought em. I was able to stand up a little more at the tree stand. Very comfortable. Felt like I was wearing a brand new boots. Can't wait to see how it goes for rest of the season.