Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Finishing Touches

Finally finished this box stand and placed it in my creek bottom on Wednesday. This is to replace the one I lost in a flash flood this past summer. I'll be hunting out of it for the first time soon. Hopefully the bucks will get used to it quickly.
P1010163v2.JPG

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hopefully you’ll kill another good one outta the new one here shortly, Dick... Good luck buddy...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Looking good Dick.... Hope you shoot a monster out of it....

Thanks for the replies and wishing me good luck. My first two hunts this year were from a pop-up which proved to be more trouble than it was worth.
HUNT0818.JPG

After those two hunts I decided to get my butt in gear and build a new stand in my creek bottom. I had some vinyl siding and decided it was the quickest way to build one. I will paint it next spring. I didn't want the smell of paint on it now.
HUNT1133.JPG

The new stand didn't seem to effect the deer movement at all. On my first sit I could have killed this basket 8 but I'm waiting in hopes of something bigger.

These photos give a good idea of how tight my creek bottom funnel is and the close shots it offers.

Last edited:
Better trim that brush a little. You can plant some Egyptian weed around it too.

The brush is not a problem for me. I shoot left handed so my best shooting angle is to my right. I couldn't shoot that deer where he is in the photo. He walked right in my shooting lane just after the photo was taken.

The deer are so used to a stand here they pay little attention to it. Once they commit to this funnel they never turn around to go back where they came from.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
A great funnel truly is a gift! You've definitely knocked down a couple good ones that illustrate how good that funnel is, but that picture does a great job too!