Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Third time had better be a charm...

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
That is some bad luck for sure....the one thing I can say is get your butt right back in there ASAP. That buck hasn't seen or smelled you, and he is holding tight to the same area. If you wait another week to hunt him, his food source could change and so could his location, and the fact that he is going to start having pussy on his mind will change his habits also. If I were you I would be right back in the same tree tonight!

Now pick yourself up off the floor and forget about the last 2 hunts and git r done!

Good luck and trust your instincts.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Jesse - what's his injury again, I forget? This is turning out to be a pretty epic hunt and I'm sure that you will cap him.

Something is wrong with his front left shoulder/leg. It could be from a vehicle collision, but it seems unlikely given his locale. I'm more inclined to think its either a deformity or from a prior hunter. Hopefully we'll get a chance to check it out in depth!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I had something similar happen to me about 5 years ago. A shooter was coming in from straight ahead and was going past me to my right (I'm right handed), so I had to try to swing around. As I am turning, my bow won't move... what the hell?!?!? I give it a hard yank and find out the hard way that the bow was stuck on the arm rest of my climber. The seat section spins around the tree and clangs onto the platform section. I grab the tree with one arm, hold my bow with the other, and watch my arrow fall to the ground. Meanwhile, he is running out of there like his ass was on fire.
Luckily I was strapped to the tree and I was able to cath myself and save my bow from falling. That buck had me so excited I forgot what the heck I was doing.

Two evenings later he came back and is now on my wall.

Keep your head up. It'll happen. Just stay positive and remember, the close encounters are what keeps us coming back for more. The pure adrenaline rush and the challenge is what makes it fun. Frustrating at times? Hell yes! But fun all the same. I've had hits. I've had misses (too many). It's all part of the game.

Best of luck to you!!!