Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Where do you keep your rangefinder?

angelzd28

Tethered to my fanny pack, left side mesh pocket. Easy to pull out and drop if needed. I used to tether it to my safety harness, but was tired of putting it on every hunt.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
And Ten Point are located in Ohio…..
The difference is that the range finder that Stressless is talking about emits a visible beam of light, whereas the Garmin Xero crossbow scope and compound bow sight operate the same as a standard range finder that doesn’t have a visible beam of light. Both the sight and scope have a reticle that you put on the target that adjust for yardage when you press the button while the leupold one sends out a laser beam to give you a point of reference

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Maybe they changed the one for bows, but they had/have a visable light, its not the range finder lazer, its the aim point for helping you sight it, no way to turn it off completely, or disable it, its built into it.

John E. Law doesn't give one good God damn if ten point mates them for your particular purchase purposes... it emits a visible light, thats against Ohio code, you'll most likely get a ticket when he checks it out.

Doesn't make sense to me, but there it is.

View attachment 136804

I'm sorry I had to.. I couldn't resist :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Dustinb80 and giles

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mine hangs on my side, string around my neck and shoulder. Keep in mind, I’m still using the original Bushnell Yardage Pro 400 that I bought in 1996. All of the smaller ones we have had since have somehow wound up in Masons pack, being used or lost along the way. The last one I bought him is a leuopold that is very small, accurate to 800, has an awesome display and is handy as heck due to its small size. I should probably steal it.
Now that I’m hunting exclusively with recurves, again, I really don’t need to carry one, which is nice.