Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wood or Metal Riser?

Jamie

Ohio
wood because metal is extra f'ing cold when it's cold out and also because I cannot make one out of metal. My favorite bowfishing rig has a magnesium riser. An old Shakespear take down

@Jamie
I would agree with you about the cold metal, but I've been doing a paracord wrap that has solved those issues. 👍 I used to have a metal riser on a Fleetwood Knight recurve and both of my compounds have the same paracord wrap. Specifically, on my Elite Ritual 30, it makes a thermal grip. Yet, it remains thin and not bulky so there's no torquing of the grip when shooting it. 💯
Elite paracord grip wrap.jpg

ER 2.jpg

I ended up with a 19" Hoyt Satori riser and short Uukha Gobi limbs at 45#. This bow's overall length is 60" and on a digital scale it draws 44.3# at a 28" DL. I love how smooth it draws, crisp on the release and it has been easy for me to attain good accuracy out to 20 yards...which has amazed me. :cool: This will be my main hunting bow for next season.
So far, it seems to like Easton Axis 400 arrows with the 75 gr. SS in/outsert and a 125 gr. tip weight. 💯
Satori 4.jpg

Satori 1.jpg

My other bow is an OMP Sektor 17" wood riser with medium DAS limbs, at 35#, that have a bamboo core. On a digital scale these limbs are 38.4# at a 28" DL. This bow seems to like a 600 spine Gold Tip Hunter XT shaft. :cool:
DAS 2.jpg