Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Working dog

camofry

*Supporting Member*
Our dog is three now. I worked with her when she was young, but wasn't real sure about what I was doing. Still, when she gets in the woods with all the new smells and creatures, she goes bonkers. I find she doesn't use her nose as often as she should also.

I have been working with this black lab I got and I have a guy thats been helping me and he said the dog does not find sheds with its nose( no sent in a shed). Its all eye sight and they find them just like you or I would. Its just that they (the dog) can and will cover a lot more ground then we do. The only bad thing about getting a dog started on finding sheds is when you have them laying all over the house like we do, it gets her kind of confused.

Beentown, I was telling him about your dog peeing a little when you praised it and he said that it a sign that the dog knows you are proud of it and just gets overwhelmed.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I know his pissing is pure joy. You can see it in his eyes. He is an attention who're and submissive to the point of annoying.