Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Your opinion is appreciated: Vortex Diamondback Tactical

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I don't have that exact scope, but I own 4 Vortex scopes, 2 sets of binos, and a rangefinder. Their warranty, customer service, and quality are well worth it. I just ordered a Viper 6.5x20-50 w/ MOA reticle and all the reviews on it are good to great.

Outside

I have this exact scope on my Remington 783. It enables me to shoot a solid 1" group out to 150 yards, with the .450BM. Loaded up with 250gr FTX. The drop compensation is easy to use.

Time will tell if it is as good as a VariX2, from Leupold.

Reactions: Bowhunter57

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Like Jesse said, Vortex's VIP no question asked 'Lifetime Warranty' policy & their customer is top notch.

I own four of their products and Vortex is my definite go to optic company nowadays.

They offer a lot of quality & performace for the money imo.

American made & the biggest bang for the buck, which definitely fits my criteria.

I own a Vortex Viper PST GEN II 5-25x50 MOA rifelscope. I did a review on it and shared it in my 'Pulled the trigger' thread, which is stapled on 'TOO's hompepage. I love the damn thing and I truly believe it's all the scope I'll ever need for anykind of long distance shooting, especially for coyote hunting. I've used it on my Savage Axis and now on my AR, both 308s. It performed perfectly on each system, even in low light conditions. No loss of light & always crisp resolution at highest magnification, which is a beautiful thing for my old pair of eyes.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I appreciate your replies, gentlemen! :)

I placed the order, mounted it and went to the rifle range with some new reloads. I can't say enough good things about this scope. (y) Clear glass, the crosshairs are crisp as is the magnification and parallax adjustments. :cool: The reloads proved to be as accurate as I'd hoped too. As soon as the beans come off, I'll be looking to test this rifle out on a few g-hogs.

Bowhunter57

Attachments

• Savage B.jpg
    Savage B.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Savage C.jpg
    Savage C.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 151