Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1023's 2023-2024 Pics

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I usually put the first wave of cameras out on July 4th, then the rest of Labor Day. Picked up four 36 packs of batteries today and am cleaning, formatting cards, and checking operations today. I'll rim the farm with Reveals tomorrow and the Spypoint Micro, plus one that's out at the farm, will go behind the house. I'll have one regular cam at each property over the minerals since they're down in the bottom with no signal. I used a gift card to get the new Reveal and accessories today. It's my new "Gate Cam", which is my main security camera, but it sees a ton of animal movement too. This will be my 19th season running cams and I still love it!

20230703_163715.jpg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I usually put the first wave of cameras out on July 4th, then the rest of Labor Day. Picked up 4 32 packs of batteries today and am cleaning, formatting cards, and checking operations today. I'll rim the farm with Reveals tomorrow and the Spypoint Micro, plus one that's out at the farm, will go behind the house. I'll have one regular cam at each property over the minerals since they're down in the bottom with no signal. I used a gift card to get the new Reveal and accessories today. It's my new "Gate Cam", which is my main security camera, but it sees a ton of animal movement too. This will be my 19th season running cams and I still love it!

View attachment 180575
Good looking spread. I’ve been thinking of expanding with more Cuddelink cams behind the house this year. Run my cell cams on public and satellite permission properties and keep the Cudde’s at the home farm. Won’t be long now!

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I usually put the first wave of cameras out on July 4th, then the rest of Labor Day. Picked up four 36 packs of batteries today and am cleaning, formatting cards, and checking operations today. I'll rim the farm with Reveals tomorrow and the Spypoint Micro, plus one that's out at the farm, will go behind the house. I'll have one regular cam at each property over the minerals since they're down in the bottom with no signal. I used a gift card to get the new Reveal and accessories today. It's my new "Gate Cam", which is my main security camera, but it sees a ton of animal movement too. This will be my 19th season running cams and I still love it!

View attachment 180575
I swore by bushnell trophy cams but lately they seem to stop working right as the two year warranty expires….so I’ve been replacing them with the browning cameras like you have there. They are great cams….one just stopped working after 8 seasons of year round use and because of that one cameras track record, I’m buying nothing but them. Spartan is my go to cellular camera.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm down 3 Brownings after testing, but I knew 2 were failing after 10 years and one was never 100% out of the box. I doubt I replace them as 12 cams is plenty. I'll have 3 at the house, 7 in the woods at the farm and 2 set aside for primarily security watch. I'll triangulate 3 cell cams in my go-to spots, then I'll scatter 4 traditional cams down in the bottoms/shelves. That'll provide enough insight and entertainment for me.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Here's an example of things that only fly during the summer. This buck is a regular on both cams. Here is is strolling past the minerals...

Screenshot_20230718_191857_SPYPOINT.jpg

Meanwhile, I'm on the tractor within 100-200 yards of him and he had to have watched me drive by...

Screenshot_20230718_191854_SPYPOINT.jpg

Because he stood here for 25 minutes while I hogged the trail all the way around the property.

6f4312d3-351c-4c25-95a0-5e6f8534d344.jpg

Try that in October! 😂

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You need to go back to 2017 to find any mature buck in velvet pics from our farm. Just switched off the lights to hit the sack and my phone buzzed. Talk about a pleasant surprise!

4e202547-8203-4006-bf7c-2dc55d67a9a1.jpg
623ad04c-cfd9-4e99-8fa8-27c58501c801.jpg
432c72da-3434-43b3-8e0b-0b3f6a0ac7c1.jpg
9c0e08b3-0c7e-4ed1-875c-6323174051b9.jpg

A dynamic duo with long G2s and split brows between them. Good to know there's something out there worth shooting this fall!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My reaction when I saw this pic this morning was a Top-10 all time reaction for me! This is the buck I missed during muzzy. He had the drop last year, but broke it off either during the velvet peel, or shortly thereafter. What's crazy is my neighbor to the south has pics of him all summer, which is 100-150 yards from my 2 cams, but this is the first pic I've had since February. I'm stoked to see he's still carrying that drop and it's nice to know that for now, I have a shot a redemption. I'd rather Kaydence kill him, but you bet your ass I'll be putting in my time behind the house this year! There's a dozen guys that could kill him, so it's a total crap shoot. But at least he's alive and he's resuming old habits!

Screenshot_20230916_110523_SPYPOINT.jpg

Wiley E Coyote

My reaction when I saw this pic this morning was a Top-10 all time reaction for me! This is the buck I missed during muzzy. He had the drop last year, but broke it off either during the velvet peel, or shortly thereafter. What's crazy is my neighbor to the south has pics of him all summer, which is 100-150 yards from my 2 cams, but this is the first pic I've had since February. I'm stoked to see he's still carrying that drop and it's nice to know that for now, I have a shot a redemption. I'd rather Kaydence kill him, but you bet your ass I'll be putting in my time behind the house this year! There's a dozen guys that could kill him, so it's a total crap shoot. But at least he's alive and he's resuming old habits!

View attachment 184350
I hope you get him! Cool deer and you deserve him with the work you've put in!

Reactions: bowhunter1023

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Obviously I'd like him to be 80" bigger, but it's proof the effort is worth it. These pics give me a lot of joy. A buck doing exactly what a spot is setup to do, giving me a 15 yard chip shot. Eventually, a big boy will do the same, which is how I killed the Wide 8 in 2019 here. Love getting these pics in real-time!

b843a8b1-1899-4121-804a-6e2deb29e7c7.jpg