Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another one....

Wmiller07

It's not the bans we should fear, assuming you don't want to buy anything that'll be banned. It's the confiscation you should fear.
I fear both. Bans will come before confiscation so we need to push back on this now before that happens. Did anyone see the story of the armed resource officer that hid at the school? That is why we need more than one in each school.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
So much for the argument that the only defense for a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. I'll avoid ceitizing the man too much since I've never been in a life or death scenario like that, but my gut reaction is to consider him a gutless pussy. Maybe there's more to it than what's being reported.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's not the bans we should fear, assuming you don't want to buy anything that'll be banned. It's the confiscation you should fear.
I have no doubt they'll get mine if they come to take them by force, but i promise there will be less to come get yours.

My oath to uphold the constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic didn't end on my separation date.

Jamie

Ohio
these kids from the school in Florida are being coached and encouraged to cry out for gun control. a bunch of distraught teenagers did not come up that stuff on their own. give it two weeks and see if this is still front page news. typical Leftist tactics at work here, folks. never let a good tragedy go to waste. still, our schools need to be safer and children made to behave.

I shudder to think how many guns are in my wife's school building on any given day. nobody is searching the kids or anyone who enters the building unless they are tipped off. can't violate their Civil Rights, even in the spirit of keeping them safe, apparently. there is no security to speak of. the active shooter safety plan is to lock the classroom door, turn off the lights, and have the kids get under their desks. seriously, that is the actual Columbus City Schools protocol. it's so stupid that it is hard to believe.

Jamie

Ohio
I have no doubt they'll get mine if they come to take them by force, but i promise there will be less to come get yours.

My oath to uphold the constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic didn't end on my separation date.

X2. when they come to take my guns, I'm going to die in a gunfight with the American Gestapo. Live free or die.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm asking myself that question right now. Am I willing to die for my freedoms and leave behind my family. Or be imprisoned. Probably something that needs answered during the moment of truth.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio

You and me both.

Wmiller07

I'm asking myself that question right now. Am I willing to die for my freedoms and leave behind my family. Or be imprisoned. Probably something that needs answered during the moment of truth.
I can't imagine that happening. No matter how dumb someone is who is going to say ok when the order comes down to drive around and take people's guns? That is a suicide mission.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
It'll be NATO troops. I doubt U.S. soldiers would be asked to do so, as i trust most of them wouldn't
Sorry, but...

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I've always told myself that I wouldn't stand aside and be disarmed like they did to my family in Ukraine and suffer like they did for so many years. That's the end game.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Boys I hate to be negative but I think we are passed the point of no return as a country. The only thing that will change things is a major event that affects everyone in their daily lives. The event will probably be something financial because the government is headed toward a point of no return for not paying the debt back but just servicing the interest on the debt. If interest rates go up it could all start crumpling down.

Can you imagine the riots, violence, and chaos if government money stops being paid out to people?

Over half the population receives some sort of support from the government.

It will be hell right here at home, food riots, crime out of control, it will be a war zone.

You take away the sense of security and entitlement that people have and tell them to take of themselves and all bets are off.

Yes we have done this to ourselves, it started with indoctrination at institutions of higher learning and then it spread to the lower levels of education by the teachers and administrators.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

They will never outright go door to door looking for and confiscating firearms, they'll make them illegal and a felony to posses. They will let us hide them and indoctrinate our children so that when we die our kids call the police to come get the evil rifle they found cleaning out crazy ole dads closet. They'll make you look like a crazy old coot hiding his old gun in the closet because the Nazis might come.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Confiscation of certain firearms??? I wouldn't say confiscation will happen, but they will be made illegal to possess and you will be required to turn them in or face the consequences... Our new governor here in New Jersey will be the one to watch and see what happens... As I said earlier he wants to make ANY gun with a thumbhole stock illegal to possess... That includes turkey shotguns, muzzleloaders, you name it... He considers them assault rifles... And yes he plans on making ALL AR's illegal to possess.. So you guys are still pretty lucky with your current laws...

Now I'm all for sensible gun legislation to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.... But... the KEY WORD HERE IS SENSIBLE.... Don't bust my balls with stupid laws... Heres some of our stupid laws that are on the books in Jersey....

If I'm hunting in Pa. with my Remington 760 pump and come out of the woods at the end of the day, before I cross back into Jersey I must remove the 4 shells from the clip. If I just put the clip loaded in my jacket, I'm breaking the law...

While in my vehicle I must have the ammo in a LOCKED CONTAINER.... Breaking the law, if they are loose in my jacket pocket...

Lets say its December and I'm hunting deer and my wife calls me and says: Your grandsons Christmas present came in and since your in the general area could you pick it up... The law states that while in possession of a firearm you must take the most direct route to and from hunting... So if I go a mile out of the way to pick it up I just broke the law....

So count your blessings...

Who watched some of the kids being interviewed the other day... One of the kids said that when the second fire alarm went off he told his teacher: NO WAY AM I GOING OUTSIDE AGAIN ITS TOO HOT.... There is the problem in a nutshell....

Wmiller07

They will never outright go door to door looking for and confiscating firearms, they'll make them illegal and a felony to posses. They will let us hide them and indoctrinate our children so that when we die our kids call the police to come get the evil rifle they found cleaning out crazy ole dads closet. They'll make you look like a crazy old coot hiding his old gun in the closet because the Nazis might come.
That's the real question right there. How far do you let it go down the toilet? Our founding fathers let Britain kick us in the nuts for a long time before they picked up a gun. And I don't think we are there yet fyi.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's the real question right there. How far do you let it go down the toilet? Our founding fathers let Britain kick us in the nuts for a long time before they picked up a gun. And I don't think we are there yet fyi.

Society will continue to degrade just as it has for generations, not much can be done there as it's society as a whole. Who knows what will set it off. My personal opinion is it will be race related. We have a large group of people in this country who are brainwashed in to thinking they are owed something and that their troubles are white peoples fault. It has gone past the point of empowering them to brain washing them that white people are the enemy. It's very similar to how Hitler convinced Germans that Jews were bad for their country and was the root of all their problems.