Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Beentowns hunting log...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
In the stand finally. Awefully windy and so warm that I haven't put on my jacket yet.

Going to try and pull them outta the corn tonight.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Well I called in a few bucks. They all came out of the corn at the same time. None were one of my target bucks or shooters. They came to investigate but seemed like they gave two craps and just milled around.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well I called in a few bucks. They all came out of the corn at the same time. None were one of my target bucks or shooters. They came to investigate but seemed like they gave two craps and just milled around.

Grunt or rattling Charles????

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Cool thanks for the heads up.....

They were not agressive coming in. Just kinda seeing what was up. Once out of the corn they just looked around and browsed. I wanted to hit the antlers but they are not quit agressive enough around here yet.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great job on the yote Charles! Those 4 bucks I rattled in on Saturday am didn't take too long to show up but by their actions they aren't to fever pitch yet...but they still all came in on the downwind side. They still couldn't smell me cuz they couldn't get downwind.lol

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Crappy wind but perfect temps tomorrow. Going to try an all day sit. Guy I know gave me some esterous pee from his mini deer farm. Going to lay a path of that to my stand and around it. Will update it as it goes. Good luck to all in the morning!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Brr. And really crappy wind. Worse than expected...straight East. Going to hit a stand and observed from afar. Putting down a reminder to set up more East wind stands. Only have one because I normally wouldn't hunt it.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am out! Not even squirrels moving. I am going to hunt all day Monday, Tuesday night, Thursday night, all day Friday and Saturday. East wind I am going to pass on this evenings hunt.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
4:30 is TOO dang early!

Good luck to all going out. Hitting the double inside corner of a cornfield that should get cut today. Going to run some of that estrous a guy gave me. Drag line and two hung that will leave a dispersion into the bedding area and corn. We will see.

Good luck to all this week. Going to have a sore ass and not the Huck type ;)

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You are not kidding about early! dang! Breakfast is done. Poop, shower, and smoke up! Then it is time to hit a "back to bedding"/rut stand! It is feeling like a good morning Charles. Moon was big and high in the sky last night early. Now it is overcast with rain moving in around 10am. I have a feeling something brown is going to hit the dirt! (Not talking about Huck puking out of the stand either. Sorry Huck. Seems like it is pick on Huck day.)