Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Starting to have issues with my Shepherd. Hes starting to piss in the house. And he has started "Leaking" when he walks. Hes still has his balls. For now...
Thoughts?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hank has been doing some dribbling too. Vet said it could be signs of an aging prostate. He is around 9. Still has his jewels. Generally if he has an accident he goes down in the basement. Weird, but a blessing in regards to cleanup.

Reactions: Dustinb80

Buckmaster

Portage
Had an old beagle that would head to the basement and perform his bladder filled accidents on the support pillar.

I guess he was ashamed of himself to perform those acts upstairs with the risk of getting caught.

RIP Bandit.

Jamie

Ohio
I feel you pain, Jesse. I've shed plenty of tears over my dead dogs. in truth, more than most dead people I've know. not sure what that says about me, but when one chapter ends another begins. not sure I could function without a dog or two any more. exactly right, J.

here's to all of our deceased four legged friends. salute'

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I feel you pain, Jesse. I've shed plenty of tears over my dead dogs. in truth, more than most dead people I've know. not sure what that says about me, but when one chapter ends another begins. not sure I could function without a dog or two any more. exactly right, J.

here's to all of our deceased four legged friends. salute'

I'll never own another inside dog. Bella was a dog only an owner could love. Being a basset she stunk right out if the bath, slobbered if the neighbor cooked a steak, shed like crazy, had to clean her ears once a week, express her butt glands once a month, skin allergies, toenails grew like weeds, understood but was stubborn as hell and snorted louder than a grown fat man. I'm convinced anyone else would have dumped her at the pound. She was, however, one of the most mild-mannered dog the loved kids and was a gentle soul. If someone knocked on the front door she would go apeshit until she knew I was aware, if I was friendly to them she had a new best friend whether you wanted one or not.

I will get a couple dogs later but they'll be hunting dogs in an outside kennel not pets.

Reactions: MoonLab
I am fostering this little border collie puppy. Of all the border collies i have tested and worked with in the past two years he his the nicest. It blows my mind that a 9 week old puppy is working sheep how an untrained adult would. He is surprising laid back when there isnt anything to do. I love well balanced high drive working dogs. Jessie's kelpie follows him around like a mother hen. My catahoula cur lacey doesnt is quickly warming up to him. Aside from not being house broken he is very well behaved. I have taught him sit down and working on a recall. He doesnt mind walking on a leash. It is going to be hard to give this guy up to a new home.
received_1767614089983344.jpeg
20180813_230902.jpg