Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finelysheddeds 2012-2013 Bowhunting Log

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry Brock, I got skunked tonight. First time since just one day all last year. I'll try hitting it again tomorrow evening.

Congrats to all the TOOzers who did get it done today!!!!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sorry to hear that but it's a long season. These losers that are shooting them now are not gonna have anything fun to do in November!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here are a few views from my first sit of 2012

Had alot of disturbance like quads,motorcycles and loud music within an ear shot(100-200 yards). don't know if it had any effect on my evening cuz I'm sure the deer are use to it. Did ruin the ambience though.lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Shot my bow just for one more check before heading out this afternoon. Here are my 3 arrow groups 20,30 and 40 yards.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Nice bud! Good looking woods also. Everything I hunt has been logged within the last 20 years so it is THICK! Nice seeing an open woods.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks guys! Yeah this set is a nice little pinch with mostly maples and oaks. Fuggin acorns where falling all afternoon and still no sightings. Must be on the ground everywhere. I've stayed away from this set just for a day like today, wind wise. Pulled my camera from this area 2-3 weeks ago. I'll be back here tomorrow if the winds don't change.

Hours hunted: 2.5
Does seen: 0
Bucks seen: 0
Yotes seen: 0
Shots taken: 0

I will keep a running tally till I'm all done or end of the season.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Groups look great. View looked great. Maybe next time I guess! Going to try it in the morning myself. Thanks for sharing with us Ric!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm presently squating here at the base of the same tree debating my next coarse of action. I've been slowly and methodically snip trimming a entry/exit trail to and from this stand via a creek highwall. It's on the downwind side when I have a predominate N wind like I have now. Someone is walking the creek down below me flopping over big creek rocks while walking on them and the two idiots riding quads back and forth like last night is beginning to sound like motorcross. Fugg!

This is the only stand out of 5 set up for this kind of wind so I guess my only option is to climb up and hope for the best.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
So much for my hunt tonight right at primetime around 6:15, I got out of my tree. Three teens walking the creek below me talking loudly and flipping rocks over with backpacks on their backs. Prolly doing some kind of school project or something. I slipped out and jumped a big doe and a young one that were bedded down 75 yards from my tree. I'm gonna sit it out on the ground till dark 30 and see what comes thru on the otherside of the beanfield 150 yards from where I was at earlier. This fair weather brings out everyone it seems.

Saw 3 more does out in the beanfield right at 7:00. Slipped out and as I was walking the road back to my truck I could hear them still talking down in the creek closer to my truck. It's now 7:30 and the fuggars are still at it! They fuggin parked right in front of me and as soon as they saw me coming they started running up to the car. I tried to ingage in a conversation and find out what they were doing but they didn't seem to want to talk. What kinda irks me is they saw my truck parked there before they got there and still went for a stroll. It's not their property and have really no business or permission but beings this pulloff is on a seclude road next to a bridge and waterhole everybody and their brother helps themselves to it.

Oh well, I might try again in the morning and I'll see where the wind tells me to go.

Hours hunted: 4.5
Does seen: 4
Bucks seen: 0
fawns or yearlings: 1
Yotes seen: 0
Shots taken: 0
Idiots seen: 3

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great show of patience and discipline on your part Ric. I think many would have just chased them off right away.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That sucks! Better days are coming.

That's what I'm banking on!

Yeah, guys, my hunting season has been off to a miserable start but it will get better I'm sure. Looks like winds will be shifting alittle in the morning to NE which still makes this stand my best option. I will be pulling some cards tomorrow after a 2 week soak. Hope something that sparks my interests shows up finally.