Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Head phones/Ear Buds

Big H

Medina
What is everyone using? I have had a pair of the Apple air pods that go in your ear that I got a couple years for attending a national sales meeting online during Covid. They are pretty nice, but I don't wear them outside much since I am afraid of losing them. Plus my truck has the blue tooth speaker phone so I don't use them
TOO much anymore, except for on an airplane. Kristi got a new bike and came home with some SHOKZ OPENRUN PRO mini bone conduction sport headphones. I tried them out yesterday while mowing the grass. I wore my normal foam ear plugs and was extremely impressed. So much so, that I am wearing the upgraded version with microphone noise reduction now. Nice thing about these versus the type that goes in your ear, is that I can hear everything going on around me.

Reactions: giles and 5Cent

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Just upgraded to these, 10yr anniversary gift from work lol:

They are a ton better than the JBL wired ear buds I have, can barely hear the mower now.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
I have apple AirPod pros and love them, still wear earmuffs over them when mowing. My wife got the SHOKZ OPENRUN PRO, because she doesn't like things in her ears, I will say I was shocked how well they sound.

Reactions: 5Cent and Big H

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Soundcore Upgraded, Anker Liberty Neo True Wireless Earbuds, Pumping Bass, IPX7 Waterproof, Secure Fit, Bluetooth 5 Headphones, Stereo Calls, Noise Isolation, One Step Pairing, Sports, Work Out https://a.co/d/4xWN1vs

I use these when i am listening to music, or car rides when i don't want to hear all my kids stuff. They work nice even for phone calls. I don't like them to run with, don't fit snug enough for me.

DEWALT Hearing Protection, Black/Yellow, One Size https://a.co/d/0ju5BDo

I use these when mowing, or other loud things. The Bluetooth is good but you have to turn the mower down to take a phone call.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Jabra Elite 75t. I’ve had them for almost 3 years now. Incredible sound quality, comfort, and battery life. I never worry about them falling out, even while running. I wear them all the time. A bit pricey, but I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Like a lot of cheap Chinese goods on Amazon, the MPOW over-the-ear headphones no longer exist, but several like it do. Mine must have a few thousand hours of play time on them. Paid $25 for them 6 years ago and they've done their job and then some.

I keep a pair of JBL Vibe ear buds in my backpack for work and they've been the best ear buds I've owned so far. Paid $50 and they're still loud enough to be worn while mowing. Generally, I prefer over-the-ear, but these have converted me a bit.

P8riot

Carbon, In
Great timing on this! I've been wanting a pair for yard work! I was using Walker Razr Xtrm electronic ones, but the dang ear cups rotted and cracked in them. More comfortable than the regular ear cups, but I got less than 20 hours out of them. Disappointing.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I like an actual ear plug. I'll give these a try and report back. I had the wireless ones checked with 25db rating and then saw these 27db rated ones with a cord. I think the magnet to keep them around the neck will be handy on job sites when I need to talk to a customer or employee. I'm sure the sound quality isn't at the same level as some of the others but I couldn't see dropping $100-200 on something I very well may drop in a pile of mulch or lose on a mower.
Screenshot_20230711-221726.png

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
All day is 8 hours? 🤣
All day for state workers? I don't know. Seems like these newer ear buds charge amazingly fast. I figured if I plug them in driving 10 minutes to the next job site and they add 2 hours of run time they will be okay. Several of the ones I looked at will add 2-3hrs of play time in 15 min of charging.

Reactions: giles