Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jakes 2014\15 trapping and fur journal

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Another coon today in a blind set. Set five canine sets and rebaited another one I had out. And I gang set a ditch for coon and put some sets in for mink. Probably leave this ditch set till Sunday when the temps drop. I hope we don't get much rain tomorrow.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I have been after this fox all season. IMG_20141227_143833.jpg and probably a lot of last season. He has messed with my set all season dug up my trap, dug out my bait, missed the pan twice that I know of . This was all at one trench set. So yesterday I remade the trench set and went 50 yards to the north and set a flat set. This morning the big male was waiting on me. In the flat set. It finally felt good to catch a canine this year. I hope its not the last. I picked up 3 more coon last night also 1 in a dp the other two in blind sets along a ditch that I gang set the other dayIMG_20141227_085522.jpg.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
So far the the catches are
coon 46
rats14
possum 4
fox 1
cats 4
coyotes 0
would like to see a few coyotes and more fox. I started setting some mink sets so we will see how that pans out.

Kaiser878

ohio
Its the same here. Getting nipply at night. I set a couple ray traps in a little swampy hold today with a hut in it.... I will be happy if I catch just one.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Good work..... ur stacking the coon up

I'm gonna bet they slow way up for a week or so with the full moon and the temps bottoming out, its not gonna be good. I pulled all but three of my dog proofs today. I put another flat set in for coyotes today. I think I'm just gonna concentrate hard on them now.