Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Decent 8 cruising
CF3BC541-3C12-4B8D-9E95-2A81A36FAED8.jpeg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Had a deer come in at dark…could see the dark outline but nothing else…cell cam showed it was a small basket rack.
Five minutes ago it sounded like a huge tree fell but when it crashed to the ground, it sounded more like metal than wood. It made a terrible racket. I have no idea what it was but it sure was loud. Probably won’t see anything until late afternoon now!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Had a deer come in at dark…could see the dark outline but nothing else…cell cam showed it was a small basket rack.
Five minutes ago it sounded like a huge tree fell but when it crashed to the ground, it sounded more like metal than wood. It made a terrible racket. I have no idea what it was but it sure was loud. Probably won’t see anything until late afternoon now!
Probably just too booners going at it….

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Pretty good deer movement today so far…had a doe come in from one direction…acting like a hoe..bucking around and batting her eyelashes. A spike comes down the other hill and gets within 20 yards of her. He sticks his nose out and takes a few whiffs. She starts bucking again and goes down into the ravine. He comes to the pile to eat. (He may be homo). I did notice her hocks were very dark…maybe she’s almost ready or already was bred.
As I type this, another doe is coming in.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Well, according to the chimney smoke, the wind direction earlier this mornin indicated we still have SW wind so, I headed to my 'Western Stand' once again.
Got to my tree super stealthy like with no issue cause everything was extremely still and quiet. I get up to my stand plateform, then I hear a deer underneath me walking about in the creek bottom. Few steps here, a few steps there. That went on right up to legal time. Took me forever to hang my bag, raise my bow, hang it, and finally sit down, all the while not making a noise.
Once daylight, all is super quiet. I finally pulled out my range finder, binos and knocked an arrow.

20211110_072204.jpg

There's a deer down there,, just within yards of me however, I can't see it nor find it, but I can still hear it every once in a while nibbling on somethin, like honeysuckle leaves perhaps.

I just heard walking again.

Good luck this mornin y'all hunters!

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Coulda been a tree falling that had a tree stand affixed to it or fell into one?