Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Went down to Indian Lake this afternoon. Got about a dozen nice bluegill and 3 catfish. My brother caught this channel cat, just shy of 22 inches.

uploadfromtaptalk1339638103986.jpg

Caught it on an ultralight bluegill rod with 4 lb test line, would have never got it in boat without a net.

Pretty good day on the water.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wife is at work. Mom came over to watch the kids while Dad and I hit a farm pond. Caught over a dozen crappie and a couple bluegill between the two of us. Dad lost a fat bass which was may've 10-12" long. Then he hooked this pig. Measured 18". He says around 6lbs. I wont break his heart. It was healthy, but I am not sure about 6lbs. Lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339987599902.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339987599902.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 168
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339987628793.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339987628793.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 160
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339987645897.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339987645897.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 171

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
My daughter caught this catfish yesterday and isn't afraid to pick them up either!

And here she is with another nice bass....

Last edited:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Its fun. We have been trying to catch the walleyes for about a month now, but they don't seem to want to bite during the day. Might have to try some night fishing.

Kaiser878

ohio
Its fun. We have been trying to catch the walleyes for about a month now, but they don't seem to want to bite during the day. Might have to try some night fishing.

throw a hot n tot

gold or silver

or you could throw a worm harness..

The crazy thing about your pond is that its not the big......but there are some big fish in there!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
throw a hot n tot

gold or silver

or you could throw a worm harness..

The crazy thing about your pond is that its not the big......but there are some big fish in there!

That is what I was thinking. Don't get me wrong, it is a very nice pond. It is not a 5acre pond though. I am guessing under an acre?

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Yeah, under an acre. Pond is about 25 years old and was stocked well from the beginning. I keep it well aerated and that's important too.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome pics of your daughters catches Chad! Thems some dang nice fish! I've never hard of someone having wallys stocked in a pond before. Private pond that is. That is awesome!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
3 of us made a trip up to Mosquito Lake this morning to do some trolling for walleye.... We ended up with one 17" walleye, a few throw-back walleye, and a half dozen or so nice slab crappies. We could have done much better if we would have gotten started earlier I think. Once the sun got hot, the bite really shut down. It was a great day to be on the water though!

100MEDIA36IMAG0473.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats JB, Mosquito is a lake that gets pounded every year but still produces quality fish.... Had some buddies out there fishing a bass tourney today, haven't heard anything out of them yet.... A co-worker and I hit Shenango yesterday and had a good day with the large mouths with a couple of small mouths in the action..... Lots of boat traffic for a Friday though..... How were the waves and boat traffic????

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats JB, Mosquito is a lake that gets pounded every year but still produces quality fish.... Had some buddies out there fishing a bass tourney today, haven't heard anything out of them yet.... A co-worker and I hit Shenango yesterday and had a good day with the large mouths with a couple of small mouths in the action..... Lots of boat traffic for a Friday though..... How were the waves and boat traffic????

Yep, there was a bass tourney AND a walley tourney going on at the same time today. Needless to say there were quite a few boats out there.

---

It definitely looked like the lake has a high concentration of nutrients. That's probably why it can produce so well even though the fishing pressure is so intense.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yep, there was a bass tourney AND a walley tourney going on at the same time today. Needless to say there were quite a few boats out there.

---

It definitely looked like the lake has a high concentration of nutrients. That's probably why it can produce so well even though the fishing pressure is so intense.

Talked to a wildlife biologist tonight at a party we were at and he said the same thing...... Lots of nutrients too produce good fish..... Glad you all had a good time.....