Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio State Buckeyes 2023

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Well now 😅

I know the vast majority of the nation is tired of the SEC fans thumping their chest talking about the SEC. But football is king here. From peewee on up. Ohio has a huge fan base with a state population of 11.8 million people. The shoe can seat 103k people. Little Ole Alabama has half the population at 5 million people, yet Bryant Dennys holds 102 thousand and just up the road Auburn holds 88k. Shit as Auburn sold out of season ticket seats in early July at $3,700 per seat and they sold 63k seats leaving just 15k seats for students, visitors, and single-game purchases. If you want to see all 7 Bama home games at Bryand Denny, you better cough up $5,700 in June. You can get lower-level season tickets for the Buckeyes for about 2k and they only sold 55k last year.

Ole Boy is just right. Down here, it means more.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Eichenberg opted out, too.

The announcers mentioned Eichenverg was out due to a elbow injury sustained against Rutgers. He accepted an invite to the senior bowl on feb 3rd. Maybe he did opt out though. I did miss that Harrison was "out" although nobody officially said he opted out.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well now 😅

I know the vast majority of the nation is tired of the SEC fans thumping their chest talking about the SEC. But football is king here. From peewee on up. Ohio has a huge fan base with a state population of 11.8 million people. The shoe can seat 103k people. Little Ole Alabama has half the population at 5 million people, yet Bryant Dennys holds 102 thousand and just up the road Auburn holds 88k. Shit as Auburn sold out of season ticket seats in early July at $3,700 per seat and they sold 63k seats leaving just 15k seats for students, visitors, and single-game purchases. If you want to see all 7 Bama home games at Bryand Denny, you better cough up $5,700 in June. You can get lower-level season tickets for the Buckeyes for about 2k and they only sold 55k last year.

Ole Boy is just right. Down here, it means more.
I knew you would like that one Joe. Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The announcers mentioned Eichenverg was out due to a elbow injury sustained against Rutgers. He accepted an invite to the senior bowl on feb 3rd. Maybe he did opt out though. I did miss that Harrison was "out" although nobody officially said he opted out.
Chip Trayenum, McCord, Eichenberg, Harrison, Miyan Williams, starting center, never saw Dallas Hayden (red shirted I think?). . . I am missing a couple. I still don't think it mattered. O-line got owned. Heart was missing. You have got to want to win. I didn't see that as a team. I saw it in individual players (Sawyer for example), but not as a team.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Chip Trayenum, McCord, Eichenberg, Harrison, Miyan Williams, starting center, never saw Dallas Hayden (red shirted I think?). . . I am missing a couple. I still don't think it mattered. O-line got owned. Heart was missing. You have got to want to win. I didn't see that as a team. I saw it in individual players (Sawyer for example), but not as a team.

They were out with injuries or day just didn't play them. Kyle transferred. Harrison didn't officially opt out but rather was still unavailable due to injury. (We can assume however he just opted out) the rest were all there and able to play or were out sue to injury.

Screenshot_20231230_140642_Chrome.jpg

Sauger

Warsaw
I hate the transfer portal. Biggest mistake they have made. If there is a coaching change absolutely they should be able to transfer. I know this year is an odd year to with everyone having 1 more year of eligibility left from COVID. These should be the last players and the transfers should slow down.

By the way have I said how terrible Day is

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I hate the transfer portal. Biggest mistake they have made. If there is a coaching change absolutely they should be able to transfer. I know this year is an odd year to with everyone having 1 more year of eligibility left from COVID. These should be the last players and the transfers should slow down.

By the way have I said how terrible Day is
This is my thoughts on Day…..lol

He is a terrible play caller! Clock manager and second half adjuster! He’s way over his head and would make a great water boy somewhere! I wouldn’t want him coaching HS even on his football fundamentals and philosophy alone and he just wouldn’t prepare kids for next level. He played his college ball at New Hampshire University?!?!? Wondering if MIT offered him?🤔

Nice guys but coaching football is not his forte.

That’s my .02.

Reactions: Sauger