Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio State Buckeyes 2023

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That gentlemen. Was the best team in the Big 10 handing it to the best team in the SEC.

Maybe Alabama should move to the Big 10 West, they might give Iowa some competition. 😅
I still stand firm OSU has the most talented team in the country this year. Most talent doesn't always make the best team though. OSU didn't have the heart UM showed in the last couple games. Hats off to them.

Reactions: Sauger

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That gentlemen. Was the best team in the Big 10 handing it to the best team in the SEC.

Maybe Alabama should move to the Big 10 West, they might give Iowa some competition. 😅
With all due respect Larry, did you watch the IA and TN game today?😳
Handing it is a rather strong way of putting it considering it was won in OT and almost lost in regulation cuz stupid special team player decided to try and catch the punt inside the 5! Could have lost the game EASILY right there!

Reactions: "J"

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
With all due respect Larr, did you watch the IA and TN game today?😳
Handing it is a rather strong way of putting it considering it was won on OT and almost lost in regulation cuz stupid special team players decided to try and catch the punt inside the 5! Could have lost the game EASILY right there!
Come on Ric - I’m just trying to poke the bear!!! Help me out here!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: finelyshedded

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Come on Ric - I’m just trying to poke the bear!!! Help me out here!!!!

Dude you rolled a zero againt Tennessee. 🤣🤣

For that tactic to work I would have to believe Bama was the best team in the SEC. They managed a miracle against GA and squeaked into the playoffs on reputation. 🤣 We saw the results of that tonight. Watching Texas and Washington Michigan if going to have their hands full no matter the winner.
As for the Big 10 VS SEC they're sitting 2-4 in bowl games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike

Sauger

Warsaw
I told you all state has or had the most talent in the country, best receivers, great running backs, great D. There were missing a solid O line and a consistent QB. I have no idea about the O line they were all 4 and 5 star just could not get it figured out. The QB was just not that great of a player....not going to knock on the kid. The problems all lead back to one person, and most of you think I am wrong. Anyway thank goodness this is over for another year.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Dude you rolled a zero againt Tennessee. 🤣🤣

For that tactic to work I would have to believe Bama was the best team in the SEC. They managed a miracle against GA and squeaked into the playoffs on reputation. 🤣 We saw the results of that tonight. Watching Texas and Washington Michigan if going to have their hands full no matter the winner.
As for the Big 10 VS SEC they're sitting 2-4 in bowl games.
They may be 2-4 in the bowl games, but the Big 10 is 1-0 versus the SEC in the only bowl game that mattered! Go Big 10!!!
And am I somehow being accused of being an Iowa fan??? 😁 Go Bucks 2024!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They may be 2-4 in the bowl games, but the Big 10 is 1-0 versus the SEC in the only bowl game that mattered! Go Big 10!!!
And am I somehow being accused of being an Iowa fan??? 😁 Go Bucks 2024!!!

Oh you're a Buckeye fan, well getting three points in your bowl game is better than getting zero so I'll give it to you. :ROFLMAO:

I'm calling Websters dictionary tomorrow.

Muckeye - Noun
An envy of Bama's success so great someone becomes a Michigan fan. :ROFLMAO:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Oh you're a Buckeye fan, well getting three points in your bowl game is better than getting zero so I'll give it to you. :ROFLMAO:

Muckeye - Noun
Kinda like Crimson Rebels! Haha

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa

Muckeye - Noun
Michigan fan??? I F’in hate Michigan! This is a Big 10 / SEC best in 2023 discussion……. So don’t try changing the subject! 😆 OH -

• Haha
Reactions: Mike

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Michigan fan??? I F’in hate Michigan! This is a Big 10 / SEC best in 2023 discussion……. So don’t try changing the subject! 😆 OH -
I've said it before about the SEC, "You can't win them all, just most of them". 😊 The SEC has 6 different teams with 15 national titles. The big 10 has 2 from a single team in the same time frame. If we look at just bowl games, the SEC is 67-36 against the Big10. And here you are narrowing it down to one game, in one single year, that was lost in OT against the worst Bama team we've seen in probably a decade. That's a pretty skinny nail to hang your hat on there bud. 🤣 Especially being a fan of a team that managed 8 punts and a fumble in 11 possessions.
OH-WE Shit-The-Bed-Again. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Mike and Dustinb80

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
I've said it before about the SEC, "You can't win them all, just most of them". 😊 The SEC has 6 different teams with 15 national titles. The big 10 has 2 from a single team in the same time frame. If we look at just bowl games, the SEC is 67-36 against the Big10. And here you are narrowing it down to one game, in one single year, that was lost in OT against the worst Bama team we've seen in probably a decade. That's a pretty skinny nail to hang your hat on there bud. 🤣 Especially being a fan of a team that managed 8 punts and a fumble in 11 possessions.
OH-WE Shit-The-Bed-Again. 🤣
Always living in the past!!! The glory days!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Always living in the past!!! The glory days!!

If that's the case then good thing Bama has a past to live in. The Buckeyes are practically homeless if thats the living standard. 🤣 They have what, 3 national titles in the last 54 years? Compared to Bamas 6 in the last 14 years? 🤣

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If that's the case then good thing Bama has a past to live in. The Buckeyes are practically homeless if thats the living standard. 🤣 They have what, 3 national titles in the last 54 years? Compared to Bamas 6 in the last 14 years? 🤣
It's like the weather. It's just cyclical. We are just a matter of time before it is our time to shine again. Maybe another ice age or something. 🤣

Reactions: Jackalope

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's like the weather. It's just cyclical. We are just a matter of time before it is our time to shine again. Maybe another ice age or something. 🤣

I thought yall had a good chance of building a powerhouse after getting rid of Meyer. I honestly thought Day would turn out better than he has. The recruiting and money for development of talent has always been there, it's the coaching that's been subpar.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Uncle ‘Joe’ Rico
67 - 36 all time.

IMG_3960.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Jackalope

Creamer

Athens
My biggest fear at this point is turning into Texas A&M. That means, having a top-5 recruiting class every year but still being irrelevant as a program because they lose 3-4 games per year. OSU did begin life as Ohio A&M... :oops: