Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Redclouds Journal

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Didn't get time to do anything this past weekend but got to change out the card today in the upper cam. Still had a few deer sticking around. They are still hitting the old mineral site too.

PICT0007_zps40afcba0.jpg

PICT0016_zpsd0972aab.jpg

PICT0034_zps4055a1ed.jpg

PICT0037_zpsd4fc56ee.jpg

PICT0134_zpsbab917fb.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Good card pull today. Here is the droptine buck all dapper in hardhorn lmao.

I have a few others I will get posted up after bit but I had to get this one on here now lol. Love to see this buck.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck with him Adam. I think I would shoot almost any drop tine just to say I had one on the wall.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
So while I was "Lost" today I stumbled on to a small open spot in the woods with a good size grass spot.

0915131211_zps3f63a4a3.jpg

I also happened to overlook some pretty cool field drainages that run down the cornfields. Think I will hunt this until the corn comes off.

Here is where I cam out of the woods into the drainages.

0915131235b_zpsc93e5988.jpg

Here is looking out into the fields from that woodline.

0915131235_zps7cf607fc.jpg

There is a Y here and this is one leg of that Y

0915131235c_zps8ec560ef.jpg

If you take that leg you come to another Y

0915131239_zps8977945c.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The drop tine looks really good and big bodied TOO. Setting up near the corn could pay off early on.

That's what I am hoping for. I figure they will come out of the beans just before daylight and work into the corn. They might hit these grass areas that are secluded and munch on grass to get a little drink from the morning do and the grass before heading to bed.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
That's what I am hoping for. I figure they will come out of the beans just before daylight and work into the corn. They might hit these grass areas that are secluded and munch on grass to get a little drink from the morning do and the grass before heading to bed.

Or possibly the opposite. Stage in the grassy area in the evening before going to the corn.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Or possibly the opposite. Stage in the grassy area in the evening before going to the corn.

OR best case scenario they do both lol. Never setup on these drainages like I am plaining to do this year so it will be a first for me. Something new to always try and learn from in the deer woods.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a feeling those drainage strips might teach you some things. I don't know. Just thinking by observing them you are definitely going to learn. Seems I have seen deer using these many times in the past.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have a feeling those drainage strips might teach you some things. I don't know. Just thinking by observing them you are definitely going to learn. Seems I have seen deer using these many times in the past.

That is my hope. Toss in something new and fresh and let the learning curve start. I always like learning something new of course in a couple years I will forget about it but hey, it's fun all over again when I learn it a second time lol.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The droptine buck is looking good fellas! Hope one of you guys gets him and the other one is able to be apart of the tracking,dragging and picture taking...that would be awesome! Good luck!