Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ricers 2014-2015 Trapping Happenings

Ricer2231

Well I pulled my coon sets tonight. With season closing tomorrow at midnight and the cold weather not letting up I decided to get the dog proofs in the house. Im gonna pull my fox sets in the morning and see what this incoming snow storm does and hopefully get some coyote sets back out afterwards.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hate to see your season winding down Don! I guess you can stay after the yotes, so best of luck with them!

Ricer2231

It's a sad day, this coming Saturday's fur auction, because that will more than likely be the official closing of my 2014-2015 trapping season. I really don't see myself sending furs to Canada, that is if the prices don't completely tank locally. I had a great season and even though my first ever fox once again eluded me I did catch my first ever, actually two, mink. I felt good with the number of coon I caught, 35 with 28 skinned 27 for auction and one big boar off to the tannery. I finished up with 27 rats,26 for auction. And one off to the tannery. 2 buck mink with 1 for auction and one getting tanned. 32 grinners with all but a few released, I know kill the turkey egg suckers, next year no free passes for the trap pluggers. Haha. 4 skunks, 3 for auction and 1 getting tanned. And last but not least 1 Yote that's getting tanned TOO. So many great memories and even if I don't break even, which I am sure I won't, I wouldn't trade the memories for anything.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426024135.910348.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426024251.274311.jpg

Last edited:

yotehunter

spencerville oh
That's a good season. I just sent my last batch of stuff with a buddy we are going too send them together since they were smaller lots we just combined them. Again good work Don.