Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Snaring Coyotes

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Same here. Got a few more set out. A couple of 'em should be golden. I did see a bunch of bucks, two of which were hogs. That was exciting and surprising! Covered a couple more miles of the property I had not seen before. Wide open space out there. I could probably set a couple of snares but I need to fashion up some ground anchors first There isn't a tree for a thousand yards in any direction.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Here's a kick in the nuts........ Took 2 hr nap.....Got up to see the Fat Coyote and his Biotch running up through the field across the street...... That is in front of my house and snares are behind and to the left of my house........... Figures......

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
No Yotes in the fresh snow but seen no fresh tracks either...Wish they'd come back around quick ~~ I'm dying to kill something.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Coyote #2.jpgGot a 35# Male this morning. He was already dead so I didn't get to shoot him. He was caught on an old deer carcass. It had been picked clean, but they still come back around for some reason. So if you guys can find a "strategicly placed" road kill, this is a deadly set to use. I doubt it is legal to move them off the road, but if you'd just "happen to find one in a good coyote spot", get after it.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congratulations! If I ever find a road killed deer, that is exactly my plan. I haven't seen one for some time though. Setting more trail sets in the morning.

Diablo54

Outside
View attachment 5899Got a 35# Male this morning. He was already dead so I didn't get to shoot him. He was caught on an old deer carcass. It had been picked clean, but they still come back around for some reason. So if you guys can find a "strategicly placed" road kill, this is a deadly set to use. I doubt it is legal to move them off the road, but if you'd just "happen to find one in a good coyote spot", get after it.

They are just like a dog with rolling around. They try to cover themselves in bad smells.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
They are just like a dog with rolling around. They try to cover themselves in bad smells.

You know you're right. There was a spot in the middle of the bones that looked as if someone cleared it out. It was down to the dirt and now I bet that is what it was from. I had forgot that habit of theirs for a minute.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
No Yotes so far this week, but did get the fat one and his biotch on the camera monday and tues night...........20 ft from my snares! They're either REAL SMART or REAL LUCKY! Think I'm gonna have to add a foot-hold or two.