Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 11 - Chasin' Tail

Well fellas, I believe I am ready for the season. Finally finished the interior of my cabin today, which has been a summer long project. But, met my goal to be finished before the opening of archery season. Pulled my camera cards and found my target deer all polished up and ready to do battle. He has been hit or miss on my cameras the last six weeks or so. But, I figure sometime in the next few months we will cross paths. Wish me luck.

Attachments

• PICT1931.jpg
    PICT1931.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 176
  • PICT1930.jpg
    PICT1930.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 172
  • PICT1933.jpg
    PICT1933.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 168
  • PICT1929.jpg
    PICT1929.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 164

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Beautiful bucks guys! I now vote for the chick with the gun for our logo. My prediction is that Horton drops that beauty and puts us in the lead Saturday morning!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Don't count on this being easy. I'm fairly sure I could take a doe on Saturday, but I won't do that. I usually, but not always, wait until after gun season to shoot does. I like a lot of live decoys in the woods during the rut.

That's ok... I'm buck only all year. I'll only shoot a doe if it is crippled or something. I have nothing against shooting them, for some reason I just don't. I may change that approach this year thugh since we need the points!

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Alright! I had a great time in the woods. Had a nice Dow come in this not ing but couldn't get a shot and then nothing this evening. Mike did you guys get eaten alive by mosquitoes. They were terrible here!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Alright! I had a great time in the woods. Had a nice Dow come in this not ing but couldn't get a shot and then nothing this evening. Mike did you guys get eaten alive by mosquitoes. They were terrible here!

We had the thermacell out after the skeeters started and then the skeeters were gone. I was set up with Klay on a field edge (theone on the left in the pic). We had 4 doe within 20 yards, but could not get a shot because they were eyeballing us and he couldn't get the xbow on the shooting stick before they bolted. It is just so tough without a blind. I guess the one we made wasn't quite high enough.
We had a 6 point come out about 50 yards away, but he never got any closer.

Kody was across the field with my dad and they saw a nice buck off in the distance, but nothing close.

If we were in a blind, Klay would've had a nice shot at a doe tonight. However, we are hunting an area that sees minor traffic and I'm afraid to get a blind ripped off.