Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 8

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Hunted Saturday evening. Seen 2 small bucks and 7 Does maybe 150 yards out in cut beans heading for water. Shitty winds all weekend screwed me over. I honestly have high hopes for tonight despite the really warm temps. There are about 5 shooters frequenting my one stand location, with a lot of daytime visits. I think today will be one of them

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
This guy showed up Monday about 30 minutes after I exited the stand

This guy is almost always Noc turnal. I have a few daytime velvet pics of him

And this is a ice 2.5 year old that is lucky Im the one he has walked by during shooting hours. Hope he skates through til atleast next year

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I think I might start hunting later this week. Weather is starting to look better and I'm narrowing down the old bruiser...

Put the wireless there sunday and got this pic this morning. Can't tell for sure if its him or not though...

steveOh

Dayton Area
First time out last night. Hunted out of a blind overlooking a field of knee high weeds. Had two walk by at 7:10 and by the time I determined which one was the bigger one they moved off.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
What a Stud! And a heckuva deer TOO. Haha. I have never been as confident in getting a big buck as I have this year. Doesnt mean it'll happen, but I am in on so many studs. I have been so patient in hunting those stands that it's killing me. I have 1 to pop up Saturday that I will hunt the following week. I should have gotten it up by now but sick kids slowed down my progress. Nate (Ohiowhitetails) is coming down next weekend to hunt. I predict atleast one of us will be wrapping our hands around some antlers

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Nice job fellas. I have passed quite a few Does this fall. I butcher myself so for me, I just havent had a string of cool days to feel good enough to kill one and leave it hang more than a day