Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 9

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Congrats to your dad Marcus, hope your daughter get an opportunity soon.
I sat with my boy again last night in the blind and no luck with opportunity at anything he wants. It will happen soon enough.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Thanks guys. We made it back without any trouble. Layla and I hunted Wednesday night and saw a doe and two fawns. We are heading out early in the morning to hunt the front. Good luck to anyone headed out this weekend.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
image.jpgWell the trail cam revealed that we bumped the nice 8 out on our way in Saturday morning. He has been hanging around quite a bit so hopefully he wasn't to spooked. We settled back in tonight just before 6. Hoping the front has them moving. Good luck to all out and heading out in the near future. This is the buck but a different pic of him, not when we bumped him.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I took my boy out on two sits so far and he could have killed a doe both times but it was just to hot so I probably did wrong but I asked him to wait for horns. I told him if he wants to shoot a doe we'll do that in the late season and he seemed cool with it. The bucks I had on camera have went nocturnal so I did take him on a quick squirrel hunt last week and he surprised me how well he shot, he killed two. As for myself I've not been motivated enough just yet, I usually wait till after Halloween. Good luck to any that are hunting.

Hunting has been really tough for us. We have had a bunch of sits in the last 10 days or so without seeing a deer. As a matter of fact I think in the last 12 sits we have only seen deer on 1 of them. Granted we saw 8 deer that night. Not sure what they are hitting right now. Can't find them in the acorns, the apples, or the fields. Usually we don't have this happen until about now in October. In Ohio we are still trying to figure out the property, but in PA we usually are mowing the deer down the first 2 weeks in October. Hoping things improve soon. Due to some family and work stuff, I will be forced to take a couple of nights off. Maybe that will change the momentum. LOL.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I plan to hunt Friday evening with a bit of a front coming in. Saturday and Sunday I will be after the ducks and geese as its early season opening weekend. Good luck to everyone heading out. I don't get to excited until November gets here. C spot I agree that a nice break is in order. You don't want to burn yourself to early. Now until the end of the month is the toughest time of the year in my opinion.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
With soccer going on I have yet to get out. This weekend with the Stroud's outing I hope to make it in the woods. Soccer ended tonight so my seat time should start up real soon.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Anybody been out much? I've only been out for 3 short sits that have not been very productive. I have vacation starting this Wednesday through the following Wednesday so hopefully I can score us some points soon! I also have a buddy coming out from my home-town to hunt. He gets here Friday and is staying till Wednesday. One of the guys I hunt with was at the farm this morning and saw 9 bucks (rattled 6 of them in). Almost had a shot at the big one with he flyer but he switched directions just steps before he had a shot. Should be getting good about now!! Good luck!

We haven't been out as much as I would like, but have been out a few times a week. We (3 kids and myself) are doing ok in PA with 5 deer taken with 2 being bucks. Ohio has still been tough for us with only the 1 doe. Have to work in the morning and then run some kids around to activities, but then plan on hunting the evening in PA. Going to head to Ohio and hunt all day on Sunday with my son.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Out again this morning. Seeing deer consistently jus not the right opportunities. Will be out most the day so hopefully something follows the script.