Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Fall Outing: Strouds Run October 11-13

Will you be attending this event?

• Yes

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Cherry pie...mmmmmm.........

Hey guys, last year I had AT&T cellphone and my coverage down there was for shit - this year I've got Verizon and I'm wondering if coverage is going to be any better? How did you guys with Verizon do last year?

Crap. Spotty at best in the campground. Up on the hills was Ok.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
DON'T FORGET TO BRING STUFF TO BUY, SELL, TRADE AND SOME CASH TO BUY STUFF.

I got a box full of shit for sale or trade, so I expect some horse trading to go down this weekend!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
ATTENTION - ATTENTION - DOOR PRIZE ALERT!!

Hangtime Outdoor Products will be providing prizes for the first doe taken Saturday and biggest doe taken Saturday (so yeah it would be good if someone had a scale, otherwise we'll hafta just eyeball it) - prize will be winner's choice of an arrow holder or set of crow decoys.

(This is contingent upon does actually being hunted and taken and guys not just sittin' round drinkin' beer and gabbing :smiley_crocodile:)

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
ATTENTION - ATTENTION - DOOR PRIZE ALERT!!

Hangtime Outdoor Products will be providing prizes for the first doe taken Saturday and biggest doe taken Saturday (so yeah it would be good if someone had a scale, otherwise we'll hafta just eyeball it) - prize will be winner's choice of an arrow holder or set of crow decoys.

(This is contingent upon does actually being hunted and taken and guys not just sittin' round drinkin' beer and gabbing :smiley_crocodile:)

You took my thunder Dan! lmao

We were on the same page brother! The first deer in camp gets a prize from Hangtime and a 6" white TOO skull decal. The largest doe wins a 9" silver TOO skull decal. Largest doe is defined by dressed weight and the measurement from the tear duct to the tip of the nose. Example: 150 pounds dressed and 8" from eye to nose score 158. I'll keep track and we'll award the prizes to the winners around the campfire Saturday night.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Got the go on announcing some food. Dale wanted to contribute to the Campout even though him and Joie weren't going to be able to make it. He is dropping off 2 smoked pork butts Thursday morning for me to bring for all of us to munch on pulled pork.

Kevin you may want to rethink your DO pork.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
No problemento ... mushroom, green pepper stuffed meatballs it is :)

I got some of that .22lr you like for your mossberg, the tactical shit we were talking about earlier - bring Remington Golden bullets or regular cci or federal or whatever
PM me if you got some boxes to swap

Huckleberry Finn

Jesse: Deer BBQ will be my contribution for lunch Friday. I also plan to bring a deer loin and french fry making materials, deep fryer. DO of Texas style beans. Cornhole boards, tiki torches, and the rest of my camping supplies.

Kevin: Leaf blower, coffee pot. D.O. of banana stuffed peppers, if any peppers can be found ... if not, then meatballs. D.O. of boneless country style ribs. TOO be continued ....

Dante: Fish batter, gambrel, knives, cutting board for butchering deer. Paper plates, cups, napkins, plastic silverware.

Ron: Fish, soup beans.

Beener: Venison Sausages, Goose wraps, Mexi-dip.

Gordo: Gas grill, 3 coolers with ice.

Brock: Fish

Huck Table (5 foot) if needed, couple pounds of bacon, case of water

Ricer2231

Jesse: Deer BBQ will be my contribution for lunch Friday. I also plan to bring a deer loin and french fry making materials, deep fryer. DO of Texas style beans. Cornhole boards, tiki torches, and the rest of my camping supplies.

Kevin: Leaf blower, coffee pot. D.O. of banana stuffed peppers, if any peppers can be found ... if not, then meatballs. D.O. of boneless country style ribs. TOO be continued ....

Dante: Fish batter, gambrel, knives, cutting board for butchering deer. Paper plates, cups, napkins, plastic silverware.

Ron: Fish, soup beans.

Beener: Venison Sausages, Goose wraps, Mexi-dip.

Gordo: Gas grill, 3 coolers with ice.

Brock: Fish

Bringing this back to the top.

There is a local donation place for deer about 30 minutes from camp. Wood Road Smokehouse is located at 8745 Wood Road, Albany, OH 45710. Their number is (740) 698-7086. I can drive a load of deer over there Saturday night and midday Sunday if that is what we want to do. I called them last year, but I don't remember the specifics, so I'll call again to get those.

Please bring me $5-10 bucks to help cover the group camp area. If every one does that, we will easily cover it and anything that is left will go in the TOO kitty for the next time around. I'd rather have cash money, but you can PayPal me if you'd like. And yes J, I'll have a card swipe'r TOO! lmao

Go figure, Beener bringing "Mexi Dip".

I will bring my cornhole boards TOO.
I am gonna bring some " ready to dip and drop" jalapeno poppers TOO.

Last edited: