Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1023's 2020 Pics

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I mean, he would look even better next year 😂

what a stud! Please kill him? What wind do ya need to kill him in a morning or can you not access this location in AM?

Boy I hope you smash him bud.

N wind is best, but this 0-2 mph S-SE wind doesn't scare me in the blind. Thermals will help me and I'm a scent free as possible with just a wafting of smoke, then Evercalm smeared all over the inside of the blind and I dripped Black Widow Branch Butter on the brush outside the blind. There's shit loads of pressure on this deer, so I'm either going to kill him when I have time to hunt, or booger him and push him nocturnal, which, I'm also good with. Mornings and evenings here are just as good. I'm just off the back porch 😂

Screenshot_20201003-065621_onX Hunt.jpg

WoodCoDep

BARTLETT, OH
I mean, he would look even better next year 😂

N wind is best, but this 0-2 mph S-SE wind doesn't scare me in the blind. Thermals will help me and I'm a scent free as possible with just a wafting of smoke, then Evercalm smeared all over the inside of the blind and I dripped Black Widow Branch Butter on the brush outside the blind. There's shit loads of pressure on this deer, so I'm either going to kill him when I have time to hunt, or booger him and push him nocturnal, which, I'm also good with. Mornings and evenings here are just as good. I'm just off the back porch 😂

View attachment 110633

Hard to believe he's that big and hanging that close to that many houses/hunters in daylight, his days are numbered lol

Reactions: bowhunter1023

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Yep! I still think about the times a booner I chased for 3yrs was under my stand 45mins before I climbed in. He was killed the next day at 11:55am after being bumped out of a corn field being combined, but Im thankful to know that me leaving work early that day was rhe right call.....just not early enough lmao!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I started putting cams out in May and it wasn't until October that anything stepped in front that got my attention. Pulled 5 cards today and have 3 shooters to chase and once again, the bucks avoid us all summer, but when the leaves start to fall, they are not far behind. Pretty pleased with having a double main-beamed buck, a clean 10, and a buck that is either really old, or is the offspring/sibling of one we chase a couple years ago. Either way, I'm a happy hunter this morning!

The double main-beamed buck.

IMG_0233.JPG

The time is obviously off, but this was 4AM this morning right under the stand I hunted. This buck is either ancient, or related to the one I called "Loppy" a while back. He'd be 7-8 if it was him.

IMG_0231.JPG

This feller is probably 3 and could use a year, but I doubt I afford him that opportunity.