Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1023's Shoestring Acres Project

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This is TOO Good worthy too! What we severely lacked at our old house was "communal" space where we could entertain and not be sandwiched in like sardines. You couldn't be in the kitchen and watch TV at the same time either. Girls have been in the playroom for the last 2 hours and I've been prepping for a crew of buddies to come over tonight for the games and fights. This is the kind of living I've been longing for. A place to gather for drinks, food, laughs and fellowship. TOO good!

20181229_131006.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
For several reasons outside of my control, I'm not on the water chasing ducks today, so that means I can work on a long list of chores. Got a woodworking project which forces me to confront this gremlin. My dad still has a lot of stuff to get out of here and later when I move to the garage, I'll be bringing stuff down here. I'm slowly wrapping my head around how I will adapt the space to my life and hobbies. And if we have a 3rd kid, this could very well be a 4th bedroom as there's a full bath down here too. So here's this workshop and the mess I inherited!

28x15 with 2 windows and access to the crawlspace that's 12x10. There's a 7x7 utility closet that holds the HVAC and H2O tank behind the radial arm saw. We also have a whole house vac that's not being used. It could be retrofit for dust collection if I put my saws in here. I bought the chop saw you see in the pics for $50 off dad and it'll stay put. Not sure what I'm doing with the table saw and my other sliding miter saw. The biggest issue with a basement workshop is 4x8 sheets and 10'+ boards. Ideas welcome!

This will be my Sunday AM, hot coffee, good bluegrass spot. From bow tuning, to arrow building, to 4H projects, I'll spend a lot of time here over the next couple of decades!
20190113_094010.jpg
20190113_094002.jpg
20190113_093935.jpg

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Other than sorting stuff and helping my parents continue to move out of the basement, I haven't done much around the house other than hang these blinds that were 20 years over due. Why my parents never had any sort of covering over these, I'll never understand.

20190218_142856.jpg

20190218_150621.jpg

When I open the door and lean on the frame, I can enjoy this view. I carved out my garden tonight and it'll be front and center to keep tabs on. Chickens and ducks will be visible as well. Feels good to have gotten through the worst of winter after such a hectic lead in to it!

20190320_183524.jpg