Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

11/15/10 Doe

I've been chasing this doe all fall and she has been very elusive. Until this Monday evening, she has ALWAYS spotted me in a treestand. There are 5 bucks in this area and none of them has ever spotted me in a treestand. All 5 of these bucks have been from 6 feet from the tree that I was in, to 10 yards.

At 5:19 p.m. she was strolling past a treestand that I'd decided to get in due to a blown down tree that was up against it, which added to breaking up my outline. There were 2 other bucks with her...one in front and one in back. I was concerned about making the draw and getting spotted by one or both of the bucks.

As it turned out, the bucks were more interested in the apples that I'd put out...while she was checking out the trees, brush piles, etc. This doe has my sincere admiration, as she has certainly been a worth adversary. :smiley_bril:

The shot was 18 yards, at a slight angle away to the right. The entrance was behind the left front shoulder and the exit was in front of the right front shoulder. The broadhead is a Carbon Express Assault LP-3, which performed flawlessly. This broadhead is just like the N.A.P. Nitron...but, $15 less per 3 pack.

Another broadhead that will be riding in my quiver, next year. The blood trail was very impressive! The doe ran approximately 70 yards and fell over dead...which was much closer to my house...which was 70 yards from where the doe had fell. :smiley_deer::smiley_blink:

I'm done with the deer and now it's time to show no mercy to the coyotes. :smiley_asswhip:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

hickslawns said:
Thanks for the text update and congrats once again 57!
No problem! Maybe next year I'll shoot one in the guts, so that you can use Hank on the blood trail. :smiley_chinrub:

Sorry you didn't get to use Hank on these 2 deer and I really tried to shoot 'em in the guts, but my bow arm drifts toward the vitals and next thing I know the deer takes one in the lungs. I was trying to make it happen for Hank, but I fell off the mark with a short blood trail and a dead deer that was too easy to find...even for this white boy. :smiley_crocodile:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That's awesome bud. Nice clean looking doe. They say an elephant never forgets. Apparently they have never hunted a big ole educated doe.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is hilarious bud! Don't worry about ol' Hank. There will be plenty of work for him over the years. Ya dun good!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Looks like some good eatin' ! Congrats on a dandy doe, now wack those 'yotes! When you are done up there, come on down to Athens County and I'll put you to work reducing our canine population! Does $.50 a head sound fair?

Diablo54

Outside
Looks like some good eatin' ! Congrats on a dandy doe, now wack those 'yotes! When you are done up there, come on down to Athens County and I'll put you to work reducing our canine population! Does $.50 a head sound fair?

Ill go in half on this offer

Jackalope said:
They say an elephant never forgets. Apparently they have never hunted a big ole educated doe.
Educated, yes! I forgot to mention that she had a bullet hole in her left ear. I suppose it could've been a broadhead hole, but it looked suspiciously round and slug like. :smiley_chinrub: