Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

11-87

Bighoun52

In the woods
Anyone know why I can’t find a new 11-87 20 gauge. They were very easy to come by until last year and now I can’t find one any where new. Have one for the wife for turkeys but would like to get another one for the boys growing up.

Big H

Medina
Take a look at the V3 before you buy the 1187. I have had an 1187 for a long time and have customized it a little to shoot sporting clays (trap stock and lengthened the stock) and really like it. I looked at and reviewed the VersaMax also, but have no desire or need to shoot 3.5" shells. And not that I needed another shotgun, but the Sportsman's Den had a good deal and I now have both as of last week. LOL

Big H

Medina
Sorry, I somehow didn't see you said 20 gauge. But, they claim the V3 has the recoil of a 20 gauge, so maybe still take a look?

mike hunt

I was kinda wondering the same thing, I have a 20ga 1187 Upland Special, looked around online for prices like on Gun Broker, none of the auction sites have one for sale. Some guy on another site has one listed for $1200.00 I just didn't see it being that collectable

Bighoun52

In the woods
I was kinda wondering the same thing, I have a 20ga 1187 Upland Special, looked around online for prices like on Gun Broker, none of the auction sites have one for sale. Some guy on another site has one listed for $1200.00 I just didn't see it being that collectable
Yeah mike. I have a huge gun store near me that usually has anything you want and they don’t have any. It’s weird. They are such good guns

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah mike. I have a huge gun store near me that usually has anything you want and they don’t have any. It’s weird. They are such good guns

Remington is in the crapper and probably being very selective on production.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Modern cnc machining allows the same equipment to be used for different guns. So they tend to make things in batches. It also allows them to concentrate on in demand items. If they misjudged demand of 20 gauge 11-87s and other guns are in higher demand (or more profitable) right now then it might be a while till they make another batch.

Reactions: Bighoun52

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Modern cnc machining allows the same equipment to be used for different guns. So they tend to make things in batches. It also allows them to concentrate on in demand items. If they misjudged demand of 20 gauge 11-87s and other guns are in higher demand (or more profitable) right now then it might be a while till they make another batch.

Too busy knocking off Bushmaster 50 cals and painting them Remington green. 😅😅.

Last edited: