Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

16' view or 22' view

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My buddy took possession of his new property a week and a half ago. Former hunter took his 16' ladder down. We hung 22' ladders in their places. What a difference in view it makes. I think this one is going to be an observation stand and muzzle loader doe killing stand! Pretty nice view of all the overgrown CRP fields. Not actually in CRP, but very similar.

Attachments

• DSCN1583 16' view clearing shooting lanes 3.jpg
    DSCN1583 16' view clearing shooting lanes 3.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG00241-20101017-1518 view from22'.jpg
    IMG00241-20101017-1518 view from22'.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 178

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Randy- The picture was taken after we set it up. 3 ladder stands there that are 22' each. Gave him some pieces and parts to see if he could rig up a fourth. I am not a huge ladder stand fan, but during gun season they will be like sitting on top of the world. Except you will be at the intersection of 3 CRP fields all separated by overgrown fence rows. Sounds like a perfect situation. Time will tell.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Derrrrrr. . . I knew that. I am an idiot. Yes, this is an amazing property with loads of potential. Can't wait to see how the food plots are doing and what we do next year. Talk of rebuilding the pond over the winter too! All kinds of good stuff in store. We will see how much my buddy follows through on. I know if he is serious he will do it, but it is so new to him I think some of the ideas will be thrown out. I will keep you guys posted on the progress. Ended up being 69 acres when the surveying was done. Maybe a quarter of it actual woods if you include the fence rows that are overgrown. Most of it looks like the picture. Creek meanders through the middle of the property too. Very nice habitat!