Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1st time going squirrel hunting...

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Great pictures!
Glad you had a good experience!
Welcome to the site. Ya. We love pictures.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not a squirrel guru by any means. I do enjoy squirrel hunting though. What weather? I don't know. If I am deer hunting they are everywhere and all around me. If I am squirrel hunting, it seems they are hit or miss. Some days plentiful. Other days MIA.

Not a squirrel guru by any means. I do enjoy squirrel hunting though. What weather? I don't know. If I am deer hunting they are everywhere and all around me. If I am squirrel hunting, it seems they are hit or miss. Some days plentiful. Other days MIA.

That's why when I hunt at home I have a six arrow quiver. One broadheads and 5 small game heads. If the squirels are out they are getting hammered if i am in the mood to do so.

TomcatPC

Toledo

I went out again today. Really could not ask for a better day, in the 60's dry and sunny. Spent a couple hours walking a bit, hanging out for a while...then another place, etc. Then I ended up upon a family taking a walk, so I ended up packing it up.

Had a great time...did not fire a shot, but got to take a walk with my 1936 Remington "The Sportsman" 16 Ga., love this gun and glad I got to take it hunting finally.
Mark

TomcatPC

Toledo
Thanks, I had a great time. Might not get out this week, due to school projects that I need to get on with, but I might...
Mark

TomcatPC

Toledo
I was able to add another Squirrel to our freezer today. I did not take any photos this time. Have not gotten out at all in the last couple weeks due to school work. Today (actually yesterday) was the last time I could have gotten out due to other things going on, Thanksgiving Day, etc. Plan on going back out after Pearl Harbour Day (7 Dec.).
Thanks
Mark