Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2" vanes

Milo

Tatonka guide.

here is helical. notice how it wraps around the shaft

Milo

Tatonka guide.

here is a better one that shows all three..top is straight...middle is offset ...and bottom is helical

Huckleberry Finn

Cottis - I had the problem that Milo is describing shooting my Baby G with a WB, to the extent that I had vanes torn or worn in one place (no color). I was not happy about moving to a drop away with the new Matthews, but Milo told me not to be a pussy and just learn how to shoot it...really not a learning curve. There's a little plastic u in front of the rest and that takes away my anxiety of it falling out, once you pull back, its all in the big drop-away U and I have yet to have a problem with it.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Cottis - I had the problem that Milo is describing shooting my Baby G with a WB, to the extent that I had vanes torn or worn in one place (no color). I was not happy about moving to a drop away with the new Matthews, but Milo told me not to be a pussy and just learn how to shoot it...really not a learning curve. There's a little plastic u in front of the rest and that takes away my anxiety of it falling out, once you pull back, its all in the big drop-away U and I have yet to have a problem with it.

I'm not doubting that a whisker biscuit slows and arrow or can adjust its path slightly. I used to use an open rest. I may even go back to one, but right now I'm happy with how my bow shoots.
I just wanna get these vanes on!!! LMAO!

I won't make the change on the rest until I need to replace all my arrows though. These vanes I'm putting on are trials. I wanna see the difference between these vanes and the ones I have on now.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Ok Mike, I'll see if I can explain straight/offset/helical to ya.

A straight fetching is that, perfectly straight online with the center of the shaft. If your vanes are straight, you can look down the base of your vane and it will be perfectly online with the center of your mock and the fieldtip/broadhead.

An offset is taking a straight clamp and adjusting the jig so the vane is slightly offset from center. The base of the vane will start in the center of the arrow and have a slight angle left or right away from center, hence the
X degree of offset.

Helical is a really hard turn or curve in the vane, very noticeable. Think offset, but more hardcore of an angle. Like others said, it is not great for a WB, but it gets the arrow spinning faster.

Hope that makes sense man.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
BTW, my vanes are 1.25" up from the end of the shaft.

Here is a pics of one of my arrows with helical

Here is another one with a straight jig, with a slight offset, it is almost impossible to see.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Cotty, i will send you a PM from here on out Fluteman has some good pics for you. There is a poser ruining a decent thread

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I guess all my broken nocks and busted up vanes were caused by sheer luck, becuase i can stack arrows in with a WB with 0 problems at all. stop blaming equipment and just shoot the dang bows

Let's get this thread back on track. Stop defending your boy and stay out of it. This thread is rather informative, except for the bickering about WB's. They work. If you want to shoot helical through one, great.

The arrows should be done tomorrow and hopefully I get a chance to shoot them tomorrow as well.
I'll let you know how they do.

This was on an older thread, but these are the vanes I'm putting on.

http://www.norwayindustries.com/visitors/

Since I already got my free ones, my dad went on and got some as well. So, if I like them I can double up my supply.

Dont forget TOO post pics Mike

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Mike, if you like the fusion vanes and want some more, I have roughly 95 in white I will sell ya. I can't get them to adhere well with my jig and don't feel like fiddling with them. The blazers suit me just fine.