Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2 words to explain ,how I feel about today.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Agreed.

Been dealing with that crap ever since 4:15am this morning with family members calling and crying for help. I don't think they understand I'm just a one person army and can't be at everybodies houses at the same time lol.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Try being a business that serves Mansfield and the surrounding counties. My phone was off the hook and glued to my ear all freakin day. The part that burnt me was when someone called and acted like you where just sitting there with your thumb up your butt waiting for them to call. "Hello we had 8 to 12 inches of water in our shop!!!! We got crap to deal with too. The nice thing is we are booked out to thursday with service calls and new furnaces to install. Unfortunately I'm still at the shop. Just taking a quick break from the madness.

rrr

Dang Steve hope it gets better for you.

Is it worse than '07 when we had that 100 years rain in July? I know that Garden Gate in Lexington (right by the ball fields, where I was working at the time) was under water up to the tassels on the sweet corn for a week...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Try being a business that serves Mansfield and the surrounding counties. My phone was off the hook and glued to my ear all freakin day. The part that burnt me was when someone called and acted like you where just sitting there with your thumb up your butt waiting for them to call. "Hello we had 8 to 12 inches of water in our shop!!!! We got crap to deal with too. The nice thing is we are booked out to thursday with service calls and new furnaces to install. Unfortunately I'm still at the shop. Just taking a quick break from the madness.

Couldn't imagine having to handle that many phone calls lol. Glad to hear you got some steady work and money to pay the bills for a little while.

I have a killer sinus and chest cold and and just plain feel like death and had finally fallen asleep at 3am and my mom called at 4:15 to come help here move stuff in the basement and get the water under control. No sooner then I got done there and my aunt calls. She had a foot and a half of water in her basement and the furnace and hot water tank pilots went out. Had to take my sump pump over there and get all that mess pumped out. The middle of all that is when my uncle called. Needless to say I was not in a good mood and not very friendly lol. Just went back to my aunts house at 8:30 this evening and got her pilot lights burning again after letting them dry out all day. To top off the day...school was closed so I had all 3 kids home fighting with one another and being a pain in the ass lol. I'm ready for a new day to start lol.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang guys! I feel for you. Hope things turn around for you ASAP. We've had alot of rainn down here but nothing to that extreme.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Was watching that stuff on the news last night. You guys got hammered pretty good. Hope everybody's dry!

Schu72

Streetsboro
My back yard was a lake yesterday. I was very nervous when I got home from work, but the sump pumps handled everything.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
One block to the south of our place has water everywhere, (basement/garage/house), but we (knock on wood) haven't had any in our basement so far. Sump pump has been working overtime. Everybody stay dry and be safe!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Steve good luck man. Reap the benefits when you can, just try not to kill anyone :)

I came home to find that my mailbox was gone and my driveway was a waterfall. Had a nice collection of corn stalks, sticks, and old old old beer bottles in the drive.