Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2012 TOO Spring Turkey Contest Signups

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Where are the rules posted? Being a total newbie to turkey hunting, I am not sure how the rules work. I am also hesitant because I just don't know how much I am going to be able to make it out. Might not make it out at all depending on how the work load is. I am suspecting to be slammed with work at this time.

This was from the contest last year. I think the rules will be the same for this year.

TOO Turkey Competition Rules

Team Selection
  • Teams will be randomly drawn on April 10th at midnight. The 3-man team with the highest score wins a $25 Cabela’s giftcard.

• The Buddy Rule "Bonus Bird" – If you are hunting with another member from TOO who is on a different team, and together harvest a turkey (for example, one shooting and one person calling), that bird may count for both of you as a "Bonus Bird". Each person may only claim 1 "Bonus Bird".

Scoring Guidelines

Beard Scoring
< 2": 5 Points
>= 2" < 6": 10 Points
>= 6" < 8": 15 Points
>= 8" < 10": 20 Points
>= 10": 25 Points

Spur Scoring
>= 0 < 3/4": 5 Points
>= 3/4 < 1": 10 Points
>= 1" < 1 1/4": 15 Points
>= 1 1/4" < 1 1/2": 20 Points
>= 1 1/2": 25 Points

*Multiple bear and spurs count
*Each spur is to be measure and scored

• All turkeys harvested during legal seasons in multiple states will be counted towards the contest. Additionally, individuals that harvest multiple birds may submit more than one bird to the contest. However, only the best bird will count towards your score.

• Youth Bonus – Helping a youth (under 16) or first-time turkey hunter and photographing the hunt is worth 10 points (essentially worth a jake).

Pictures
With each bird, please post several pictures of your harvest:
• Photo of yourself and the bird
• 1 Photo of each bird and each spur
• 1 of the pictures must show your tag or band.

Summary
Ways to score points
• Shoot a turkey
• Harvest a turkey with a TOO buddy
• Take out a youth or first-time hunter

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Put me down as an alternate. I think I'm gonna give it a shot this year, but I don't wanna sign up for the contest just to bring a team down. If somebody signs up, but doesn't check in, I'll step up.

epe

Lancaster
Put me down as an alternate. I think I'm gonna give it a shot this year, but I don't wanna sign up for the contest just to bring a team down. If somebody signs up, but doesn't check in, I'll step up.

I think I'm in the same boat. If a team needs another member to even the numbers out I will do it.. Otherwise put me in as a alternate.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I'm here

I will throw my name in the hat. But I'm not sure how much I will be able to hunt. I got drawn for jury duty. my term starts may 1st. I dont know if I will have to do it, or if that means I gotta go in on the first.

Just dont want to handicap a team by not being able to participate.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure if I officially committed or not. Count me in. I am doing this ! Whether i am successful or not will be another story.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Ill leave signups open for a few more hours. Later today, teams will be randomly drawn and posted. If you are interested in playing this year and haven't thrown your name in, now is the time.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Youth season is this weekend. I know Kody is pumped up. Heck, Klay is starting to get the itch too. As of right now I don't have any ball game scheduled so I may be able to accompany my dad and Kody to the woods and do some video taping.