Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017-18' Buckeyes

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Where'd you buy them at Joe, Justice or The Gap?rotflmao
Www.DontHateBecauseYouLost.com.

Dont worry though. I also picked up a pair of these bad mother truckers.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
You suckeye fans crack me up. First of all, Barrett is a read option qb, and a damn good one. Shame on osu for not utilizing his skill set. Their offense has had zero identity due to the coaches not knowing what they want to be. Osu now has plenty of time to figure out their secondly and offense
No room for errors now, though. Im case you haven't noticed, Michigans qb looks like hot garbage so far.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You suckeye fans crack me up. First of all, Barrett is a read option qb, and a damn good one. Shame on osu for not utilizing his skill set. Their offense has had zero identity due to the coaches not knowing what they want to be. Osu now has plenty of time to figure out their secondly and offense
No room for errors now, though. Im case you haven't noticed, Michigans qb looks like hot garbage so far.

IMO Ryan, any successful team MUST be able to throw the ball downfield to open up running lanes and keep a good to above average defense on their heels. If all you do is run zone option read then defenses can stack the line and the offense is dead in the water like we've been watching for over 2 years now. Plus how many top flight WR/TE's will want to commit to any team that doesn't throw the ball?!?! NONE, that's how many!

Our secondary coaching and players sucks total ass as well!!! Total fail, reverting to just relying on faceguarding! It's not fundamental defensive football and what NFL team will draft a player that can't play the ball?!?! That's right, NONE! Lol

I like JT as a person but he isn't a QB on ANY level and if he was smart he would have done what Braxton Miller did and found another position on the field. Braxton was a much better athlete and look where he ended up.

Urban's loyalty and softheartedness( both great attributes but not in football) are becoming a detriment to winning football games. Every year, every position should be up for grabs to the best players at each position. I've watched JT get beat out soundly in 2 straight spring games but still was given the job. How is that going to motivate your underclassmen to get better or want to compete? It won't! Rant over and I said my peace... feel better already....rotflmao

Last edited:

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I am going to the game tomorrow. It would be nice to see a glimmer of last year's offense. If they play like last week there is a good possibility that Army will be right in the game.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Very good unbiased opinion. Well said.

Ric- Turn off the ball game. Get in the tree stand. I love my Buckeyes too, but you are letting them get you too worked up. lmao

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Fugg I'm beginning to think our D is missing Fickle, and Ric you and I and a whole Heap of Buckeye fans are seeing the same damn thing. I'm not sure how to fix Barret other than just replace him.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
You guys won plenty using the zone read as your primary offense without a great downfield attack. In case you didnt notice, qb'surban recruits himself dont generally have nfl ability at the position. You guys are spoiled. You got beat by a once in a generation player last week and you have a terribly young secondary. You guys are ready to discard one of the all time greats on big ten history because his shitty offensive line and new o-coordinator aren't helping him

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You guys won plenty using the zone read as your primary offense without a great downfield attack. In case you didnt notice, qb'surban recruits himself dont generally have nfl ability at the position. You guys are spoiled. You got beat by a once in a generation player last week and you have a terribly young secondary. You guys are ready to discard one of the all time greats on big ten history because his shitty offensive line and new o-coordinator aren't helping him

I respectfully disagree Ryan. Yes, JT just broke the all time record passing Drew Bree's for most responsible TD's but he didn't do it all on his own and that'll happen when you start as a freshman with oodles of talent all around you. He will not play one down as a NFL quarterback and will likely not even get drafted. I will admit something happened after is outstanding freshman and sophomore seasons after getting hurt during the game up north. Don't know what it is but he's lost all confidence in throwing down field and lost the confidence of his players and coaches. We're too one dimensional and had we played anyone in the top 25 we'd have lost,IMO. Spoiled? Maybe so, but seeing players that deserve a chance to play sitting on the bench behind a player constantly struggling gets old quick.

I will agree that our secondary coaching staff needs replaced.

Defense wise, we got the ball ran down our throats even when we KNEW that Army was going to run. I know that the triple option is tough but dang! Whomever said our D-line is best in the country before the season is prolly thinking, WTH?!?!

So far, Clemson,Penn St and Bama look the most impressive from what I've seen and that in not particular order. Don't know who'd I put at number 4.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Its not even fair to mention JT with the name of a great like Drew Brees, or even the likes of Troy Smith or Rex Kern and Ill even throw Pryor in there and Joe Germaine. Ric is right about this being the end of the road for him and I will say I really liked what I saw out of Haskins. Yes JT holds the record but that record don't mean near as much as it did when Brees had it. Spoiled? Damn straight we are and I look forward to seeing someone else taking snaps.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I respectfully disagree Ryan. Yes, JT just broke the all time record passing Drew Bree's for most responsible TD's but he didn't do it all on his own and that'll happen when you start as a freshman with oodles of talent all around you. He will not play one down as a NFL quarterback and will likely not even get drafted. I will admit something happened after is outstanding freshman and sophomore seasons after getting hurt during the game up north. Don't know what it is but he's lost all confidence in throwing down field and lost the confidence of his players and coaches. We're too one dimensional and had we played anyone in the top 25 we'd have lost,IMO. Spoiled? Maybe so, but seeing players that deserve a chance to play sitting on the bench behind a player constantly struggling gets old quick.

Defense wise, we got the ball ran down our throats even when we KNEW that Army was going to run. I know that the triple option is tough but dang! Whomever said our D-line is best in the country before the season is prolly thinking, WTH?!?!

So far, Clemson,Penn St and Bama look the most impressive from what I've seen and that in not particular order. Don't know who'd I put at number 4.

Think back to when he got his start as a freshman, Ric. Nobody knew what to expect. He was thrown in there. They worked the crap out of him. I remember watching interviews speaking of Pryor and Barrett going over things and Barrett getting full attention to get his passing game up to speed. I do not know this for a fact. It "seems" as if he never worked on his throwing after the injury.

I won't disagree about the secondary coaching staff, but don't know if I fully agree. Rewind to last year. First few games were not pretty for secondary. They were very young. Then they lost a large portion of them. We are starting fresh again this year. I'll give them a couple more games to see what happens. I don't know much about them, but I would guess the raw talent is there. Probably just need to be polished.

D line? Yeah. What the heck? No excuses there.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Think back to when he got his start as a freshman, Ric. Nobody knew what to expect. He was thrown in there. They worked the crap out of him. I remember watching interviews speaking of Pryor and Barrett going over things and Barrett getting full attention to get his passing game up to speed. I do not know this for a fact. It "seems" as if he never worked on his throwing after the injury.

I won't disagree about the secondary coaching staff, but don't know if I fully agree. Rewind to last year. First few games were not pretty for secondary. They were very young. Then they lost a large portion of them. We are starting fresh again this year. I'll give them a couple more games to see what happens. I don't know much about them, but I would guess the raw talent is there. Probably just need to be polished.

D line? Yeah. What the heck? No excuses there.

Jamie

Ohio
J.T. has had to play for three different OC's. he is not the problem. Barrett did his best work under the direction of Tom Herman, and I am confident that Kevin Wilson is just as good a play caller, but they have to iron out the wrinkles. Barretts' stats reveal his value, and he is the best QB on the team, hands down. one of the best to ever play in the Big Ten. shame on all of you calling for his head. face it Buckeye Nation, this team is not likely to live up to expectations. our receivers are lazy, our linebacking corp is pathetic, our secondary is retarded, and our D-line is overrated. I was totally impressed with Tuf whateverhisnameis that replaced Chris Whorley at middle linebacker, though, and our tailbacks are underfed...

Jake_C

J.T. has had to play for three different OC's. he is not the problem. Barrett did his best work under the direction of Tom Herman, and I am confident that Kevin Wilson is just as good a play caller, but they have to iron out the wrinkles. Barretts' stats reveal his value, and he is the best QB on the team, hands down. one of the best to ever play in the Big Ten. shame on all of you calling for his head. face it Buckeye Nation, this team is not likely to live up to expectations. our receivers are lazy, our linebacking corp is pathetic, our secondary is retarded, and our D-line is overrated. I was totally impressed with Tuf whateverhisnameis that replaced Chris Whorley at middle linebacker, though, and our tailbacks are underfed...

I'll somewhat agree with this. Everything you said is true but I don't think JT has the "fire" anymore. I DO think he looked significantly better last week but still not amazing. I thought Haskins looked good. He threw some bullets and most were right where they needed to be. The D needs work all the way around. If the D stepped up, and played to potential, we could murder teams with the running game and clock control. As always, the future is bright for the Ohio State Buckeyes.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Watch the last 2 spring games! NUFF SAID....:smiley_coolpeace:

Does anybody watch the damn game or put any stock in anymore?!?! He looked like SHIT in both of them!!! Burrows played like Tom Brady in both! Haskins played like a world beater as well in this past spring game! Barrett threw yet another errant pass illadvised pass on his second drive that was picked off and never played another down!

I stand by my thoughts as you guys that think opposite of me should stand by your own. I've said my peace and believe if UM grew a set and would have started either Burrows or Haskins from the start we'd prolly be undefeated with a much better offensive attack that can both pass and run and put far more points on the scoreboard than we do now. Juzt my opinion and I ain't changing it.....rotflmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Jamie, I do agree with your assessment of all the other problems on the football team as well. What does this say about UM and the rest of the coaching staff?!? They've hauled in some great talent over the past several years so what's up with that?