Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017-2018 season

Asa.garand

Hey everyone I'm new here so besides my intro on the main page I thought we could talk about how our seasons went.

I hunt mostly public land in SE OH for ducks and private in Central OH for geese. Didn't have a good year for ducks with the early freeze up. How did everyone else do?

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
We shot some early but like you said the water froze to early. And the fields that I can hunt were already turned over so they weren't holding any birds like they usually do.

Wmiller07

Hey everyone I'm new here so besides my intro on the main page I thought we could talk about how our seasons went.

I hunt mostly public land in SE OH for ducks and private in Central OH for geese. Didn't have a good year for ducks with the early freeze up. How did everyone else do?

I just started hunting ducks this season and have hunted geese for the past three seasons. We did ok this year. Didn't have any great hunts but only got skunked three times. You ever hunt pigeons in the off season? It's a blast and if you have a dog it's great training for them.

Wmiller07

I just started hunting ducks this season and have hunted geese for the past three seasons. We did ok this year. Didn't have any great hunts but only got skunked three times. You ever hunt pigeons in the off season? It's a blast and if you have a dog it's great training for them.

Asa.garand

I do go after crows and pigeons in the off season there's just not many pigeons around and the crows wise up pretty quickly.

Wmiller07

I do go after crows and pigeons in the off season there's just not many pigeons around and the crows wise up pretty quickly.
Gotcha. I've never gone after crows but I am pretty lucky in Northeast Ohio as far as pigeons go. Lots of dairy farms.