Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 rabbit adventures

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
View attachment 52425 Me and a buddy hunted this morning with an older fellow on his farm. Jumped 5, only killed 2. Dogs did real good. Ran 8 miles in 3 hours. This warm weather is making it hard to hunt. It was 67 degrees when we stopped.

Yeah, we hunted Monday and never had one going... They got plenty of exercise but no runtime....
Glad you were able to get some going...

Rabbitrunner80

IMG_2819.jpg Today was an amazing day. Killed 10 before noon. Not for sure how many we jumped. At least as many as we killed got away maybe more. Took a guy from work hunting with us. He had a real good time. His pup did amazing as well.

Renovator

Looks like fun Rabbit runner.
Big Country40 you have a lot young shooters with good eyes. Your welcome to hunt behind the girls tomorrow at Bolivar if you can make it out.

Rabbitrunner80

IMG_2829.jpg Went hunting for a few hours this morning before work. I reckon the cold front moving in screwed up the hunting. Jumped 2 and only killed the one. Had a good time with my family!!

Rabbitrunner80

IMG_2841.jpg Its getting close to the end of the season. Thought I would share a photo from January 30th last year. Conditions must have been perfect that day. Snow on the ground. Cold and the sun popped out in the afternoon. Rabbits were everywhere. 5 guy limit, 20 rabbits. We never had a day that good this year.

Rabbitrunner80

IMG_2849.jpg Hunted for about an hour and a half in the light rain this morning. Jumped 2, killed 1. I shot at it and a buddy of mine shot at it before my wife showed us how it was done. She killed the last rabbit of the year and the only rabbit of the day. I'm proud of her. She killed 8 rabbits this year. We keep track of how many we kill each year. We killed a total of 158 this year.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
View attachment 52571 Hunted for about an hour and a half in the light rain this morning. Jumped 2, killed 1. I shot at it and a buddy of mine shot at it before my wife showed us how it was done. She killed the last rabbit of the year and the only rabbit of the day. I'm proud of her. She killed 8 rabbits this year. We keep track of how many we kill each year. We killed a total of 158 this year.

Congrats too the Mrs..... 158 wow, that's a lot of shooting right there lol.... Thanks for the update... Time for he hounds to rest up some...