Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 Random shed thread

Buckeye79

NE Ohio
Here was this years annual trip to Iowa. We got cut short one day from the snow storm but found 16 in a day and a half.

Attachments

• DE1FFEF8-4563-4E90-BB47-84E081DD4E16.jpeg
    DE1FFEF8-4563-4E90-BB47-84E081DD4E16.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 642

Fletch

Supporting Member
NIce....What part of Iowa?? What did the locals feel about any still holding when you were there???

Buckeye79

NE Ohio
NIce....What part of Iowa?? What did the locals feel about any still holding when you were there???

We were south of Des Moines this year. I saw probably close to 200 deer between driving in the evening and walking and never saw one with either side. They seem to drop a touch earlier than ours. The locals also get a lot soon as they hit. I walked 14 miles according to my phone Saturday to pickup 3. Not a very good she’d to mile ratio.

Fletch

Supporting Member
I have hunted near Garden Grove which is South of Des Moines.... Going to head out to Illinois soon... Hopefully the locals haven' found them all...

Buckeye79

NE Ohio
I have hunted near Garden Grove which is South of Des Moines.... Going to head out to Illinois soon... Hopefully the locals haven' found them all...

It’s a nice area in Iowa. Definitely a lot more popular than five years ago. Good luck in Illinois! We almost went there instead this year. I have a friend from work that is from Schuyler county that was supposed to pull with some ground out there but didn’t. I have a small piece there to hunt but not enough for a trip. Good luck let me know how you do.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Illinois I have about 2000 acres to walk in Brown, Pike Counties... We had numerous decent bucks make it through the year so hope to find some of those... Timing is the key here... Locals could have walked through prior to them dropping then the next week you come along and bingo.. Way I look at it is going to have some fun with 1 or 2 TOO members... So that's alone is A BIG PLUS... Last year we went out on March 1st and they were still holding....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That’s a great find MB! Congratulations to your neighbor and glad he’s still alive. Lots more people looking for them these days! Passed a guy walking down the road with a walking stick and a couple sheds on my way home at 8 tonight. Lol

Jamie

Ohio
I don't really shed hunt. I keep my eye open for them when I'm squirrel hunting in late January and when I'm collecting tree stands and scouting after the season ends. Today I went to look at some acreage that I was interested in buying for deer and squirrel hunting.

Lots of thick cover with several ATV trails cut and a very thick power line, lots of thick cover in general and a small amount of decent timber. too much thick cover, really. Not much good for squirrel hunting. In an hour and a half of walking, I saw three sets of deer tracks, two tails, one grey squirrel, and this.

View attachment 59870
I have not measured it, but this is a 60" shed, at least. one of the best ones I've ever picked up. for reference, that G3 is touching the mechanical pencil in my apron pocket. I won't be making an offer on that property, but it was worth the trip. :cool:

I measured this shed today. taped out at 69 5/8".

Reactions: giles

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Walked a couple miles yesterday and nothing. Did notice some tire tracks when I pulled In. I walked back up from the bottom looking up the hill just below the truck and seen a black bag. So I walked up and it's a girls bag with makeup and stuff scattered everywhere. So I thought it was a girls bag maybe fell off a truck or got thrown out the bus window. I look thru it to see if I can find any Id and next thing I see is a bag of pills and weed. There's actually some court papers in there with her name on it. So the tire tracks I seen were them pulling in and ditching the bag in the log pile that is there. I should of called the sherriff but I didn't think about it. I thru it in the truck and dropped it off at the sherriff office. Not what I wanted to find but glad I did and not some kids that live right there.