Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Dove Season

Got out of class early and headed over to the fields to scout yesterday evening. Although there were some scattered thunderstorms, our fields were getting worked! One of them is about 45 yards x 60 yards of cut corn, could have shot 5 limits of birds coming in while standing there for about 30 minutes. Should be a good shoot!

Reactions: MoonLab

Bigcountry40

I got 4 mojos and my buddy has 3. We are hunting wheat stubble in a prime location, in the evening I will be hunting my back yard in my boys tree house over the my hard woods that surround my property its a single like of trees (only tree for about 200 acres in all directions. I literally have 3000 acres of agriculture around me and have a creek on the back 40. I always do well. Its a fun tradition almost like it as much as deer gun camp! Shoot doves, drink beer watch football and then repeat.

Reactions: mcdaniel_isaiah

Bigcountry40

I will be in South Texas next weekend for a white wing dove hunt. Looking forward to it. My brother has hunted them many times there. He offered this advice to me last week. " they are so fast you have to shoot before you see them and hope they fly into your shot" :D:D
Drink before you hunt so everything slows down!!!!!!

Reactions: mcdaniel_isaiah

Chass

The Hills
So I got home from work, noticed a lonely dove sitting on the hill in the grass and I got excited. Run inside. Snag the 12 gauge, look all over for some shells, nothing but turkey loads. Oh well. Grab a shell, go outside and dove is gone. So I wander up the hill a ways then see his head all the way on top the hill. So I start right at him, about 20 yards away he takes wing and poof he goes. Dove down, hunting season has started for me and I'm on the board. Now to decide how he gets cooked.
IMG_20180904_165016.jpg

Reactions: MoonLab

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
We did pretty good this last weekend. Hunted with 4 guys total Saturday and Sunday morning. We had to knock some rust off Saturday but still ended up with 35. On Sunday we shot our limit in about an hour and a half. We were hunting a chopped silage field. It was great to get out and spend time in the field with some good friends and will be better cooking and eating and drinking beer with them.