Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 Buckeyes Football Thread

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
giphy-31.gif

Lucky

Sunbury
Was bummed that had to work and not watch game. Then as getting set up my brother called and got last min tickets. Needless to say i headed back home pretty quick.. It was cool to make it to Fields and Days first game as head coach and being a buckeye qb, but was a bit of let down after 1st. Dobbins tries to dance and juke too much. And they were in Fields face way to much. They better play better or cincy will give them serous trouble. Dont think they showed all there good plays. So that good teams wont b able to study there better plays. Wanted to see Marcus Crowley run some . I think theyll play better next week. Hope so
20190831_125037.jpg
20190831_125035.jpg
20190831_124715.jpg

Jamie

Ohio
I recorded the game and watched last evening, not live. they looked very sharp and focused in the first quarter, and surely the coaches took their foot off the gas for the remainder of the game to play second string guys, and try some different looks and personnel. I saw balance on offense, sure tackling on defense, better play in the secondary, an O-line that needs to improve. A young QB that only made few mistakes in his first collegiate start and threw the ball pretty well and completed passes to 9 different receivers. they put up 469 yards of offense, gave up 220 some on defense, and no big plays to speak of. FAU was never in the game. season opener a better showing for the team as a whole than last year, imo. Jury still out to see what happens next week against Cincy, but all things considered, I think they are off to a good start.

Reactions: Lucky

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Fugg, one game in and Joe broke out "omnipotent". You guys are screwed! Haha. I watched the game. OSU didn't take their foot off the pedal as much as they were trying to get tbeir run game going and they really couldn't. Anytime they needed to score, I believe they could've run more mesh routes and destroyed them

Reactions: 5Cent and Sgt Fury

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Had a chance to watch the OSU FAU game. Fucking QB looks sharp! Cool headed, makes something of blown plays, accurate arm, and looks like he reads good. What a NASTY sidearm in the 2nd.

The defense looks good too, real good, they're playing like a hybrid man-free with a zone option that's really working. Which is difficult because if someone drops their man assignment and goes zone, they have to know the free safety will pick him up. Run defense is brutal too. Great reads and not falling for the BS fakes or movement. Disciplined on their assignments and closing the holes.

Overall that's one sharp team that executes very well. I like what Day has done. Granted it was just FAU but that was some solid fundamental football that will serve them well. Looking way better than last year. All it took was a new coach and a backup SEC QB. 😅

Reactions: Jamie

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Had a chance to watch the OSU FAU game. Fucking QB looks sharp! Cool headed, makes something of blown plays, accurate arm, and looks like he reads good. What a NASTY sidearm in the 2nd.

The defense looks good too, real good, they're playing like a hybrid man-free with a zone option that's really working. Which is difficult because if someone drops their man assignment and goes zone, they have to know the free safety will pick him up. Run defense is brutal too. Great reads and not falling for the BS fakes or movement. Disciplined on their assignments and closing the holes.

Overall that's one sharp team that executes very well. I like what Day has done. Granted it was just FAU but that was some solid fundamental football that will serve them well. Looking way better than last year. All it took was a new coach and a backup SEC QB. 😅

You OK Buddy? For some odd reason i just felt I should check....

Reactions: Outdoorsfellar