Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019 Mature Gobbler action - Get pumped for 2020 - only 120 days away! Self filmed via Browning Gamecam.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Got my first Tom opening day in this small plot, it's between two big plots. Got up and in before first light, got myself ready, was not disappointed! One hen came in bugging about 0700, about 5 mins later she laid down in the field, never saw one do that, then from the upper plot three more hens came in followed by two mature Tom's. A couple distant gobbles up till then but these boys came in silent. They bugged across the field until they, seemed like all of a sudden recognized the Jake decoy standing over a submissive hen decoy and and boy they came rolling after that.
START VIDEO HERE: They both came in and Jacked up my Jake dec, bopping around & flapping and pecking him, moving their heads around a lot, so when I took the shot at 7.5 yrds I MISSED, nicked him and shaved a couple feathers. But... they obviously really didn't like that Jake around a potential girlfriend and came back to teach that Jake a lesson. There are no "giveme's" in bowhunting but there are second chances, those Toms they let me reload draw again and take down a nice Tom. It looked calm inside the blind, my heart about burst!!! Hard to maintain composer with two of the best sets of eyes 20' from you and all heck breaking loose.
My time with the SOF guys paid off, all I kept telling myself is one of their mottos, "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast". Self filmed Browning Dark Ops Gamecam, of a mature Eastern Turkey, Browning Verado Bow, Bullpen Blind, Bullhead broadheads, Boston shooting and missing the first opportunity and then REDEMPTION and dropping the gobbler in his tracks. This shows a humane harvest of a game animal in season.

20190424_064407.jpg

Reactions: Dustinb80

Chass

The Hills
I too cannot wait for thunder chicken season. Hope to score a few birds and a mess of mushrooms. I've yet to try and take one with a bow, way too afraid to lose it to even attempt it. Its wild how jacked up they can get you, you just dont know till you experience it.

Reactions: Stressless