Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Read a interesting article yesterday by a doctor who claims that wearing a mask can actually be harmful as you do not breath normally and are actually starving the brain of oxygen which can result in more serious matters....guess we are damned if we do and damned if we don’t......I don’t know what to believe!!!!!

Blan37

SW Ohio
@Jackalope said in a post a while back that it looks like this thing has weakened. Masks may be a moot point for a virus that is no longer killing people like it was when this all started.

Take a look at the graph and the discussion at this link. Something changed mid May - the death rate stopped tracking with new cases and has been falling ever since:

Jamie

Ohio
and yet the fear and panic mongering by the media and political left continues by way of publishing misleading statistics without any context. all meant for us to draw inaccurate conclusions. confusion, division, and fear are all weapons of the left. this has become 99% about politics and control, and 1% about public health. despicable no matter how you slice it. lies are lies no matter which mask camp you reside in.

the media and leftists would have us believe that testing positive is a death sentence. nothing is further from the truth. the media and the left would have us believe that hydroxychloroquine is too dangerous and doesn't help. nothing could be further from the truth. you don't need a mask, it won't do you any good. oh, sorry we totally lied about that, now put your mask on or we'll arrest you.

anyone else see a pattern emerging here? this campaign of deception knows no boundaries, folks. it's an insult to our collective intelligence. wake the fuck up, Americans.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
and yet the fear and panic mongering by the media and political left continues by way of publishing misleading statistics without any context. all meant for us to draw inaccurate conclusions. confusion, division, and fear are all weapons of the left. this has become 99% about politics and control, and 1% about public health. despicable no matter how you slice it. lies are lies no matter which mask camp you reside in.

the media and leftists would have us believe that testing positive is a death sentence. nothing is further from the truth. the media and the left would have us believe that hydroxychloroquine is too dangerous and doesn't help. nothing could be further from the truth. you don't need a mask, it won't do you any good. oh, sorry we totally lied about that, now put your mask on or we'll arrest you.

anyone else see a pattern emerging here? this campaign of deception knows no boundaries, folks. it's an insult to our collective intelligence. wake the fuck up, Americans.

Strange that multimillion dollar sporting venues are cancelling their season or holding events with no spectators like nascar and indy car - don't know how the money things work - takes money - and oh yeah all the teams and announcers and stuff are masked up or social distancing - wtf is wrong with these people - nascar sure as shit ain't left wing - hmmmmmmmm

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Strange that multimillion dollar sporting venues are cancelling their season or holding events with no spectators like nascar and indy car - don't know how the money things work - takes money - and oh yeah all the teams and announcers and stuff are masked up or social distancing - wtf is wrong with these people - nascar sure as shit ain't left wing - hmmmmmmmm

Most of them don't need ticket sales to stay insanely profitable. They make the lions share of their money on broadcast rights and merchandise.

Jamie

Ohio
Thanks but why are all of them masked up - don't they get it

fear, mostly. fear of offending someone, fear of not being politically correct, fear of getting sick. their choice to make just like the rest of us. why do you think they are all wearing masks, Geezer?

Geezer II

portage county oh
fear, mostly. fear of offending someone, fear of not being politically correct, fear of getting sick. their choice to make just like the rest of us. why do you think they are all wearing masks, Geezer?
Shit i guess they believe the bridge will freeze befor the road - went to dentist the other day him and staff dressed like spacemen - took temp- i go for eye shots every 8 weeks at cleveland clinic - same thing - make ya wear a mask while wait n at dentist - got have mask on at cland to get in - only allow one other person to go with ya - i can't see after shots so need a driver - same deal maskwise for them

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
I had to go to the dentist last week myself. loose crown for the last four months, pain getting worse and I couldn't take it any more. everyone wearing a mask, but that was it. the hygienists and dentist always wear a mask when they are working on you, anyway. made me wear one until they had to shove their little tools in my mouth. took my temp and made me fill out a form. pain in the ass. do what you have to do, I guess.

Reactions: Mike

Geezer II

portage county oh
I had to go to the dentist last week myself. loose crown for the last four months, pain getting worse and I couldn't take it any more. everyone wearing a mask, but that was it. the hygienists and dentist always wear a mask when they are working on you, anyway. made me wear one until they had to shove their little tools in my mouth. took my temp and made me fill out a form. pain in the ass. do what you have to do, I guess.
Oh yeah i had to initial bout 15 statements and sign the paper - didn't read it - just signed off - masks are spreading across the country buch of states have mask laws - Cleveland just passed a mask law - dentist and hygienist had masks - face shields - gloves - floor length gowns

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Oh yeah i had to initial bout 15 statements and sign the paper - didn't read it - just signed off - masks are spreading across the country buch of states have mask laws - Cleveland just passed a mask law - dentist and hygienist had masks - face shields - gloves - floor length gowns

I believe ours were wearing them prior to coronavirus. Scrubs, mask, face shield, gloves, and booties if you needed more than a cleaning. Can't remember if she wore an apron to clean my teeth or not. You'd think they are delivering a baby.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ho lee shit - they toppled Columbus's statue in Baltimore - wtf - these people are law breakes destroying public property and should be proscuted. History is history you can't rewrite it it is what it is good bad or ugly. Learn from it. This lawless civil protest shit has gone far enough
Agree. Open fire. Wear a mask whilst shooting.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Ho lee shit - they toppled Columbus's statue in Baltimore - wtf - these people are law breakes destroying public property and should be proscuted. History is history you can't rewrite it it is what it is good bad or ugly. Learn from it. This lawless civil protest shit has gone far enough
The pussification of politics, no ones got the balls too do what’s needed. The ones who do are labeled racists.....