Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
You may or may not have seen this on FB:

From an OSHA Inspector:

I wanted to put this out there. I have worked in a clean room for 23 years and 10 years on Submarines before that. OSHA is the standard that you have to live by in these environments. So for the people that are going to say, listen to the experts, OSHA would be those experts on face masks. Please read the following with an open mind. Not going to change the mind of the hard core believers, but it would be nice for those people to not attack us that are not, as not caring. Not going to debate this, just putting it out there.

COPIED FROM AN OSHA CERTIFIED GENTLEMAN:
If you care, then share.
For all you mask wearers (especially those of you who think wearing it outside is NOT stupid ). I know I’m about to burst your “google doctor degree” bubble, but here goes nothing.
So Masks?
I am OSHA 10&30 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I want to cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks
Okay, so upon further inspection, OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.
• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).
• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Every time you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non-sterile environment.”
• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden overnight. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.
-Ultimate Answer:
*N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.
*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).
*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.
The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”
Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.
*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.
I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”
If select politicians stopped enforcing it, no one would continue this nonsense....

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Ostrich-burying-head-in-the-sand-Tsavo-East-National-Park-Kenya-AfricaAltrendo-Imagess.jpg

Reactions: reo

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Here is something you never hear from the politicians and powers that be when they're talking about masks etc... What is their solution? A mask is not a solution, mass quarantine of everyone is not a solution, closing businesses and stores is not a solution. These are all things that you do to buy a little time to implement your solution. At best they are nothing more than reactive delay tactics. My personal opinion is they don't have one. They know this, but they still have to pretend like they're doing something because people expect it. People have become so dependent on the government and others they expect someone else to take care of it, protect them, and make it all better. The result is the powers that be can't just come out and say "This sucks, it isn't going away, we're working on a vaccine but we're not sure it's going to work. Sorry but there isn't much we can do about it. Lifes tough, buy a fucking helmet.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Here is something you never hear from the politicians and powers that be when they're talking about masks etc... What is their solution? A mask is not a solution, mass quarantine of everyone is not a solution, closing businesses and stores is not a solution. These are all things that you do to buy a little time to implement your solution. At best they are nothing more than reactive delay tactics. My personal opinion is they don't have one. They know this, but they still have to pretend like they're doing something because people expect it. People have become so dependent on the government and others they expect someone else to take care of it, protect them, and make it all better. The result is the powers that be can't just come out and say "This sucks, it isn't going away, we're working on a vaccine but we're not sure it's going to work. Sorry but there isn't much we can do about it. Lifes tough, buy a fucking helmet.

Yes sirv- agree

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
To tag on what Joe said, the coronavirus family is really hard to make a reliable vaccine for. Also, there is some evidence starting to show up that the route of Covid19 may be airborne instead of droplet. That's a big deal because airborne particles last around in the air a lot longer and are MUCH easier to spread over droplets.

Reactions: 5Cent

Isaacorps

Columbus
Exactly. Life sucks, we’re all dying from the moment we’re born. Cancer, pneumonia, accident, old age, Father Time is undefeated.