Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Snyder10

The World Health Organization had a bleak message during a news conference Tuesday — COVID-19 is likely “here to stay with us” like the flu.

Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO’s Health Emergencies Program said, “I think this virus is here to stay with us and it will evolve like influenza pandemic viruses, it will evolve to become one of the other viruses that affects us,” CNBC reported.

Raise your hand if you didnt see this coming....No? No hands? So basically youre going to need a booster shot each year for each "projected" mutated strand....just like the flu.

Does anyone know if there's an actual rapid test for the Delta variant? How do they know that Delta is running wild if there's no quick test to know that these being tested are positive?

Reactions: Mike

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The World Health Organization had a bleak message during a news conference Tuesday — COVID-19 is likely “here to stay with us” like the flu.

Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO’s Health Emergencies Program said, “I think this virus is here to stay with us and it will evolve like influenza pandemic viruses, it will evolve to become one of the other viruses that affects us,” CNBC reported.

Raise your hand if you didnt see this coming....No? No hands? So basically youre going to need a booster shot each year for each "projected" mutated strand....just like the flu.

Does anyone know if there's an actual rapid test for the Delta variant? How do they know that Delta is running wild if there's no quick test to know that these being tested are positive?

This virus isn't just going to go away.Well it could but the odds are infinitely small. We either establish worldwide herd immunity, or we create a vaccine. Thats really the only two ways it goes away. Then we have and pray it doesn't mutate and become like the flu.
Yeah no doubt about it. A vaccine. But it appears to be a year and a half out until its developed and distributed. The world can't sustain hiding in their houses until then. So the question then is, which will happen first. 70% herd immunity, or a vaccine. The other thing to hold out hope for is a treatment drug that reduces the hospitalization and death rate. Like valtrex for herpes. 😅

A couple of my posts from early 2020. We ended up getting the last option of a treatment drug. The drug is mascaraing as a vaccine but is more of a preemptive therapeutic. About the only thing it shares in common with a vaccine is the delivery method. It has also mutated and become like the flu. But hey, never let an emergency go to waste right. The question now becomes, what motivation does big pharma have to develop a real vaccine and eradicate it when they can keep cashing in on that reoccurring yearly shot.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
A year ago covid was bad because Trump was in charge but now Biden is in charge and suddenly there is no one blaming him.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
A year ago covid was bad because Trump was in charge but now Biden is in charge and suddenly there is no one blaming him.

Now they'll just blame all those unvaccinated Trump supporters.

Reactions: Mike and Big_Holla

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Saw on Tucker tonight with Brian Kilmeade filling in that 60% of the unvaxed are African Americans and another noted segment were PHD’s or in medical field that voted Democrat.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Saw on Tucker tonight with Brian Kilmeade filling in that 60% of the unvaxed are African Americans and another noted segment were PHD’s or in medical field that voted Democrat.

I don't know. That's a little improbable. Suposedly the AA population only makes up 14% of the US population and the current vaccination rate is 53%. They could only make up about 29% of the 53% unvaccinated. My opinion is the AA population is drastically undercounted though.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I don't know. That's a little improbable. Suposedly the AA population only makes up 14% of the US population and the current vaccination rate is 53%. They could only make up about 29% of the 53% unvaccinated. My opinion is the AA population is drastically undercounted though.
It was mentioned in the last 10 minutes of the show when Brian also showed Kimmel and Howard Stern stating hospitals should not treat unvaxed people. I’ve tried finding full length shows on YouTube to share but none of the ones I found had the tail end of the show. I’ll try again tomorrow or hope it’s brought up again in the news.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It was mentioned in the last 10 minutes of the show when Brian also showed Kimmel and Howard Stern stating hospitals should not treat unvaxed people. I’ve tried finding full length shows on YouTube to share but none of the ones I found had the tail end of the show. I’ll try again tomorrow or hope it’s brought up again in the news.

Imagine if someone said that hospitals should not treat obese people because they decided to be overweight. Or motorcycle drivers who decided to not wear a helmet. Or anyone doing anything like zip lining because they knew the risk. It's complete and utter lunacy and those are the people who will cheer on mass genocide. They are the Nazis our grandparents warned us about.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh

Coronavirus in Ohio Wednesday update: 6,823 new cases, 457 hospitalizations​

CORONAVIRUS
by: Joe Clark
Posted: Sep 8, 2021 / 01:10 PM EDT / Updated: Sep 8, 2021 / 09:58 PM EDT

COLUMBUS (WCMH) — The Ohio Department of Health has released the latest COVID-19 case numbers. Earlier Wednesday, ODH reported that some data would be delayed due to technical difficulties.
As of Wednesday, Sept. 8, a total of 1,266,894 (+6,823) cases has been reported since the start of the pandemic, leading to 67,439 (+457) hospitalizations and 8,995 (+28) ICU admissions. A total of 6,139,441 Ohioans — 52.52% of the state’s population — has started the vaccination process. That’s an increase of 8,579 from the previous day.
COVID variant ‘mu’ detected in 49 states, including Ohio
The Department of Health reported 73 deaths Tuesday, bringing the total to 21,020. The state is updating the number only after death certificates have been processed, usually twice a week.
The 21-day case average for Ohio is now more than 4,600.
During a news conference last Thursday, Ohio Department of Health Director Dr. Bruce Vanderhoff said it’s troubling that Ohio is in worse shape than before vaccines were available. He said COVID patients make up one in every eight of the people in Ohio hospitals and one of every five patients in intensive care units.
“Unvaccinated patients are far and away the largest group filling up our hospital beds. This is a hospital pandemic of the unvaccinated,” Vanderhoff said. “We all need to choose to be vaccinated.”
Vanderhoff said that every one of Ohio’s 88 counties is averaging 400-plus new COVID cases per week. The goal, according to the CDC, is no more than 100 new weekly cases per 100,000 residents.
“The counties with the highest new cases have the lowest vaccination rates,” Vanderhoff said. “Some as low as 30 to 40% of the county’s population.”

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio

CORONAVIRUS

COLUMBUS (WCMH) — The Ohio Department of Health has released the latest COVID-19 case numbers. Earlier Wednesday, ODH reported that some data would be delayed due to technical difficulties.
As of Wednesday, Sept. 8, a total of 1,266,894 (+6,823) cases has been reported since the start of the pandemic, leading to 67,439 (+457) hospitalizations and 8,995 (+28) ICU admissions. A total of 6,139,441 Ohioans — 52.52% of the state’s population — has started the vaccination process. That’s an increase of 8,579 from the previous day.
The Department of Health reported 73 deaths Tuesday, bringing the total to 21,020. The state is updating the number only after death certificates have been processed, usually twice a week.
During a news conference last Thursday, Ohio Department of Health Director Dr. Bruce Vanderhoff said it’s troubling that Ohio is in worse shape than before vaccines were available. He said COVID patients make up one in every eight of the people in Ohio hospitals and one of every five patients in intensive care units.
“Unvaccinated patients are far and away the largest group filling up our hospital beds. This is a hospital pandemic of the unvaccinated,” Vanderhoff said. “We all need to choose to be vaccinated.”
Vanderhoff said that every one of Ohio’s 88 counties is averaging 400-plus new COVID cases per week. The goal, according to the CDC, is no more than 100 new weekly cases per 100,000 residents.
“The counties with the highest new cases have the lowest vaccination rates,” Vanderhoff said. “Some as low as 30 to 40% of the county’s population.”

Just cared to add the actual latest information captured within the portal of ODH database system for inquiring minds, thanks!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Does anyone know how the Amish are faring these days without being "vaccinated" or suffering the undying hysteria on a daily basis? serious question.
My guess is since the news media is not reporting on any catastrophic outbreaks decimating the Amish communities across the nation that they're doing just fine. I might be wrong, but that's my guess.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

CORONAVIRUS

I remember hearing the same mantra a couple of weeks ago down here in Mississippi. Blaming the unvaccinated and using the this is because you're the lowest vaccination state, similar to how he's blaming the low vaccination counties. But here we are over the humor and other higher vaccination states are ramping up.

Screenshot_20210909-072343_Chrome.jpg

Now Ohio is ramping up and I'm hearing the same.
Screenshot_20210909-073042_Chrome.jpg

Let look at Israel who has the highest vaccination rate in the world and has even authorized the third shot. Huh. They're seeing a massive spike.
Screenshot_20210909-072129_Chrome.jpg

How about Vermont. The highest vaccination state in the us. Yep. A big spike.

Screenshot_20210909-072459_Chrome.jpg

It's almost like their big "blame the unvaccinated" is a giant line of shit regarding spikes vs vaccination status.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
My guess is since the news media is not reporting on any catastrophic outbreaks decimating the Amish communities across the nation that they're doing just fine. I might be wrong, but that's my guess.

There are multiple articles with stats on covid/Amish out there if your really interested

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Imagine if someone said that hospitals should not treat obese people because they decided to be overweight. Or motorcycle drivers who decided to not wear a helmet. Or anyone doing anything like zip lining because they knew the risk. It's complete and utter lunacy and those are the people who will cheer on mass genocide. They are the Nazis our grandparents warned us about.
It may be that 60% of the African American population hasn’t got the vaccine heck I don’t know but thought it was funny that that the mainstream media and this administration is putting it out that it’s the Trump supporters and republicans out there not getting jabbed when it was reported last night the exact opposite.

Reactions: Mike and Big_Holla

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The communist and chief has moved on to "Force" In "Ask, Tell, Force" Mandating via executive order vaccines for all federal workers and any compnany that receives Medicare / Medicade funding. Also mandating through OSHA that companies with more than 100 employees require vaccinations, or weekly testing, or face a 14k per instance fine.

May God have mercy on our souls and the Republic in the face of such tyranny.