Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Jamie

Ohio
John Hopkins University data
I would swear by anything you told me about making trad bows. Covid opinions well you know what there like everyone has one
that is the real problem here. I can say anything I want about trad bow building, but it's pretty dang easy to verify whether or not what one person says or does is true or not. nearly impossible do that with all the medical statistics. gotta rely on the professionals you trust to help sort it out if it is important. I'm lucky that I don't have to really worry about it because I have seen how real and debilitating the fear is for some people, like my sister.

Reactions: Mike and Geezer II

The greater good global reset agenda...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The United States is again reporting more than 2,000 COVID-19 deaths per day, a level not seen in more than six months.

Johns Hopkins University data shows the nation reported 14,220 deaths in the week ending Tuesday. At this pace, an American dies of COVID-19 every 43 seconds.

In July, deaths were as low as 1,525 per week, or a little more than 200 per day, meaning they're almost 10 times higher now. Put another way, as many Americans are now dying every 18 hours of COVID-19 as were dying in a full week just a few months ago.

Not surprising considering the Delta variant is 3x more contagious. If a virus can infect 3x the number of people in a short time then it's expected that the impact seen will be 3x as large in the same amount of time of the last variant. In essence the Alpha variant had a flatter curve than the delta spike. We can see this in the data curves. This however does not necessarily mean the delta variant is more deadly on it's own. The jury is still out on that one as there is a major difference now with Delta vs Alpha due to vaccination ststus, vaccination manufacturer etc that have to be accounted for. Previously nobody was vaccinated, so a virus with a smaller risk of death would still show as being more deadly across the population. There is also the availability of care issue to consider with a steeper spike. As we know overwhelming available healthcare resources leads to a drop in the availability of care which impacts survival rates.

1632325874245.png

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Remember a few weeks ago when the media was pointing all all those "neanderthal thinking" Mississippians because we had the nations lowest vaccination rate saying "LOOK LOOK at those idiots paying the price." They should have got vaccinated.. Or there were headlines like "All of the states with the lowest vaccination rates have covid spikes." This is proof that the vaccine is working.. Interestingly enough they've stopped screaming that.

MISSISSIPPI

1632326982678.png

I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that states like Vermont with the nations highest vaccination rate is now also seeing a spike much like MS did.

VERMONT
1632327249158.png

Jamie

Ohio
the fine print at the bottom is notable, "...all totals on this dashboard include confirmed and CDC expanded case definition (probable)"

probable cases are being used to pad the numbers? I'm sure there is a very sensible reason to include the "maybes" in their reports besides just to create the illusion of over filled hospitals for scaring people into getting vaccinated, or persecuting those who resist the jab.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
the fine print at the bottom is notable, "...all totals on this dashboard include confirmed and CDC expanded case definition (probable)"

probable cases are being used to pad the numbers? I'm sure there is a very sensible reason to include the "maybes" in their reports besides just to create the illusion of over filled hospitals for scaring people into getting vaccinated, or persecuting those who resist the jab
Even with padding the covid numbers they are low.