Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2020 Strouds. F*** Covid, f*** antifa, f*** lockdown, Strouds is happening. Like death and taxes.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Would that be the truck with or with out park option? 😂

Nice gesture, I’m sure a truck load would really be helpful Denny...

Thanks for the reminder J! A lessoned learned regarding a 'TOO' first impression. 'priceless'... Suppose I'll never live that day down with you guys :LOL:

That f250 7.3 turbo still runs strong believe it or not and I'm confident she'll handle another truck load of wood no problem whatsoever.

Typically I'd be using my 96 4x4 F350 for hauling wood, but I haven't gotten around in putting a new clutch in for it yet, but I'll have to before the snow starts flying again cause that's my snow removal truck also.

I'll plan on bringing down a load then and put it where we stacked it last time.

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Not likely. 😅👍. It's not that you left 10 minutes after getting there. It's that you parked 1/4 mile away down the lane and grilled and drank by yourself. WTF man. 😅.

Yup, I sure did cause it was the only flat spot out of that dark and unfamiliar wooded area with a parking lot light nearby for me to see better and figure out what the heck just happened. Also to determine if I should call a wrecker to meet me near the road or try to get it back into gear to start her myself so I could limp her back home without a big tow bill.

When I first got there and stopped on that crazy hill, that's exactly when the drive linkage broke within the steering column unexpectedly and my fully loaded truck wanted into roll back down the hill as soon as I lifted my foot off the brakes, and she was loaded at the time with a bunch of heavy shit.

I certainly didn't feel safe enough to be working on any kind of drivetrain linkage on that kind of a incline so, I was able to get her turned back around and coasted backdown that hill to the parking lot where there was at least some decent light to see and a safe flat area to work on her.

I was so freaking pissed off when that happened and hungry to boot when I first got there so, I figured I'd eat something first, drink plenty, then try to get the pickup somewhat drivable so I could drive her back home and get the stupid thing totally fixed right, which I did with my sorry ass-tail between my legs.

Still though, after all the 20 years driving that ford pickup all over the country, I've never ever have been broken down bad enough where I had to call a wrecker. That night was very close though and I was certainly happy that I was able to tear down that steering column just enough to where I could use a small pear of vise gripes on the broken piece of shifter linkage to get her started again and get her back into drive only. I knew right then I could limp her back home without having to call a wrecker.

Trust me, I didn't want to keep anybody up that night from all my cussing and swearing while I was working on the truck because it was real late when I first got there.

I remember eating good though and having a good beer buzz when I first started to work on her in that parking lot. Just another life experience of mine chalked up. I am just glad that I was able to at least have met a couple of you guys face to face before I hightailed it out of there unexpectedly.

For those of you that happen to miss out and wish to see/read my post from that night, you can click the following link - https://theohiooutdoors.com/threads/2019-summer-gathering.25494/post-686333

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yup, I sure did cause it was the only flat spot out of that dark and unfamiliar wooded area with a parking lot light nearby for me to see better and figure out what the heck just happened. Also to determine if I should call a wrecker to meet me near the road or try to get it back into gear to start her myself so I could limp her back home without a big tow bill.

When I first got there and stopped on that crazy hill, that's exactly when the drive linkage broke within the steering column unexpectedly and my fully loaded truck wanted into roll back down the hill as soon as I lifted my foot off the brakes, and she was loaded at the time with a bunch of heavy shit.

I certainly didn't feel safe enough to be working on any kind of drivetrain linkage on that kind of a incline so, I was able to get her turned back around and coasted backdown that hill to the parking lot where there was at least some decent light to see and a safe flat area to work on her.

I was so freaking pissed off when that happened and hungry to boot when I first got there so, I figured I'd eat something first, drink plenty, then try to get the pickup somewhat drivable so I could drive her back home and get the stupid thing totally fixed right, which I did with my sorry ass-tail between my legs.

Still though, after all the 20 years driving that ford pickup all over the country, I've never ever have been broken down bad enough where I had to call a wrecker. That night was very close though and I was certainly happy that I was able to tear down that steering column just enough to where I could use a small pear of vise gripes on the broken piece of shifter linkage to get her started again and get her back into drive only. I knew right then I could limp her back home without having to call a wrecker.

Trust me, I didn't want to keep anybody up that night from all my cussing and swearing while I was working on the truck because it was real late when I first got there.

I remember eating good though and having a good beer buzz when I first started to work on her in that parking lot. Just another life experience of mine chalked up. I am just glad that I was able to at least have met a couple of you guys face to face before I hightailed it out of there unexpectedly.

For those of you that happen to miss out and wish to see/read my post from that night, you can click the following link - https://theohiooutdoors.com/threads/2019-summer-gathering.25494/post-686333

Now that you know us better, you know we would have just chocked the wheels and pulled up another truck to chain yours to it then dealt with it in the morning with better light and a hangover. Give you credit though, you made it to an event your first year! There's people here that have been members for ten years and have never showed up. 😅😅.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Now that you know us better, you know we would have just chocked the wheels and pulled up another truck to chain yours to it then dealt with it in the morning with better light and a hangover. Give you credit though, you made it to an event your first year! There's people here that have been members for ten years and have never showed up. 😅😅.

Yes, I'll know better if there is ever a next time, thanks!

Reactions: Dustinb80